Windows 10: OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs

Discus and support OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs" I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it. Clicked on it and got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Dec 31, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs

The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs"
    I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it.

Clicked on it and got a screen with a number of PCs that are, already for quite some time, not in use anymore.
    But the current PC's (and VM's) they are nót listed, though OneDrive is running on them.

Vainly searched for more information on this. Maybe this is the remainder from the Windows 7/8 time or so?

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs [​IMG]

:)

tfwul, Dec 31, 2018
  2. tfwul Win User

The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs"
    I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it.

Clicked on it and got a screen with a number of PCs that are, already for quite some time, not in use anymore.
    But the current PC's (and VM's) they are nót listed, though OneDrive is running on them.

Vainly searched for more information on this. Maybe this is the remainder from the Windows 7/8 time or so?

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs [​IMG]

tfwul, Jan 10, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User

The PC's are all of the computers connected to that OneDrive account. It is so that their files are kept in separate folders titled the PC that they are from.

bro67, Jan 10, 2020
  4. jl2509 Win User

jl2509, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs - Similar Threads - OneDrive Foldertree item

2. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  3. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  4. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  6. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  7. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item: The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included. These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc. So I tried to create a...
  9. Changing PCs - Move OneDrive Folders

Changing PCs - Move OneDrive Folders: I just bought a new windows10 machine and I would like to move all the files on my old PC to the new one and disconnect the old one from OneDrive services. I also do not want OneDrive in its existing location, I have a lot of photos and stuff that I want stored on another...
  10. OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder: Hello, I have an older Dell All-inOne PC running windows 10. I keep most of my files in the - This PC\ Documents folder. I started using oneDrive to backup my Documents folder. I think when I set this up I just copied the This PC\Documents folder to OnDrive so I now have...