Windows 10: Onedrive for a small workplace

Discus and support Onedrive for a small workplace in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I need some advice for using Onedrive for a small workplace. We're talking about 10 people ca. Now, my boss a has asked me to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pétur Harðarson, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Onedrive for a small workplace

Hello.

I need some advice for using Onedrive for a small workplace. We're talking about 10 people ca.

Now, my boss a has asked me to find a centralized file system that our sales team can access at their desk and on the go. We're a commercial product company so they'd need to able to view Illustrator and pdf files and the service can't cost much.

I can see how Onedrive could do this perfectly but it all comes down to licensing.

This is how I'd see it:

1. We'd have a Onedrive folder on our server. I'm the graphics guy and I make all the Illustrator and pdf files so I'd work directly on the server.

2. We'd share the folder with our team so they can access it on desktop and mobile without it taking much space on the stations/phones.

So here are my questions:

1. Would one subscription be enough for the Onedrive folder?

2. We have in house email (Lotus Notes). Can we invite our sales team to view the Onedrive folder using those emails without connecting to Outlook?

If it were up to me the company would go full on Microsoft but I'm not in charge. Hopefully this will be the first step Onedrive for a small workplace ;)

Best regards, Petur Hardarson

BROS Iceland

:)

Pétur Harðarson, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Dec 6, 2018
  4. bill221 Win User

Onedrive for a small workplace

remote workplace

I have mobile 6 professional and want to use it to access my remote workplace hosted on microsoft small business server 2003.

I have severaly mobile browsers, IE, Opera, and Minimo. When I try to access my remote workplace with any of them I get "Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Remote Desktop ActiveX Control. Your Browser's security settings may be preventing you
    from downloading ActiveX controls. Adjust these setting and try to connect again."

Can't find out how to change secrurity settings and can't find activeX for any of the mobile browsers. Any ideas?

bill221, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive for a small workplace

1. Onedrive for a small workplace - Similar Threads - Onedrive small workplace

2. false portable workplace environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    false portable workplace environment: false portable workplace environment. How do I get rid of this so I can backup my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/false-portable-workplace-environment/7382b515-68ce-4c9e-99d2-cc755362d3ed
  3. false portable workplace environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    false portable workplace environment: false portable workplace environment. How do I get rid of this so I can backup my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/false-portable-workplace-environment/7382b515-68ce-4c9e-99d2-cc755362d3ed
  4. false portable workplace environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Workplace Discount Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Workplace Discount Program: I just purchased Windows 10 but forgot to use my Microsoft Workplace Discount Program! Am I able to request a refund for the difference? Thx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-workplace-discount-program/0bfdb162-a90d-4c44-ad94-08d1ddd8f558
  6. Microsoft Workplace Discount Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Workplace Discount Program: I just purchased Windows 10 but forgot to use my Microsoft Workplace Discount Program! Am I able to request a refund for the difference? Thx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-workplace-discount-program/0bfdb162-a90d-4c44-ad94-08d1ddd8f558
  7. Microsoft Workplace Discount Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Workplace joined bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Workplace joined bitlocker: Please see the attached file of my workplace joined device with bitlocker keys. Should I disable the device first, and then attempt to reinstall Windows using the BitLocker keys?[ATTACH]...
  9. Delete workplace account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete workplace account: My workplace account has changed due to a promotion at work and change of title. I now cannot sign into my workplace account in Word and need to either amend the account or delete and set it up again. Any suggestions would be gratefully received....
  10. Deleting an old workplace account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting an old workplace account: Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles. In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section. Any suggestions would be very welcome....