Windows 10: Onedrive for business problems?

Discus and support Onedrive for business problems? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My onedrive for business does not work anymore. It's driving me nuts. I restart it and after a while it will stop running without any message. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyNameIsHaines, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Onedrive for business problems?

My onedrive for business does not work anymore. It's driving me nuts. I restart it and after a while it will stop running without any message. I need catch up with work over the weekend. Anyone else with this problem?

Onedrive for personal works fine.

submitted by /u/MyNameIsHaines
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyNameIsHaines, Jun 7, 2020
  2. SHC
    shc Win User

Onedrive for Business synch problems

Dear all,

I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation.

The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account and 6+ user accounts.

Is there any way to create a folder structure as admin (which has to be via the web-based interface) then share the folders across the user accounts?

On attempting to do this, the shared fold is never downloaded/synchronised to the computers with the Onedrive user accounts configured on.

Having searched the internet for answers I have found suggestions to use the 'classic' one drive web interface in order to specify that the folder be synchronised. On doing this I have no option to do so, merely to view the folder which then gives me a 'cannot be found' error message.

Look forward to any clarification of whether this is or isn't possible with Onedrive for business.

Thanks.

3. Kari Win User
    Onedrive for Business synch problems

First of all, all those users (admin + all standard users) of course need an individual Office 365 / Azure AD account. Assuming they are not using computers for private stuff and therefore personal standard OneDrive is not set up on computers, this is a simplified explanation about the process.

By default each O365 Business / Enterprise user has a folder called Shared with Everyone on their OneDrive for Business. Also by default this folder is already shared with everyone in the organisation:

Onedrive for business problems? [​IMG]

Everything the admin user (or any other user) wants to share with everyone else within the organisation should be placed here. All users can access the shared content from left pane of the web UI and move content to any of their personal folders:

Each individual user needs then install Office software (Sign in to your account). This will also install the OneDrive client:

OneDrive icon is shown in notification area of the Taskbar, it can be grey (OneDrive not set up), white (personal OneDrive) or in this case blue (OneDrive for Business):

Now each user simply right clicks the OneDrive icon and selects Settings, then Choose folders to select which folders they want to sync to local computer:

The admin user of course selects the Shared with Everyone folder to be synced; everything he / she then saves in this folder will automatically be shared with everyone else, everything removed from this folder will no longer be shared:

In fact it's not complicated. OneDrive for Business works surprisingly well, making sharing within organisation easy.

Kari, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Onedrive for business problems?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive for business problems?

1. Onedrive for business problems? - Similar Threads - Onedrive business problems

2. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  3. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  4. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  5. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  6. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

7. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  8. OneDrive and Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive and Skype for Business: Let me first start with I'm new to Windows and I appreciate anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I'm still tinkering with it, trying to get it just right. Through the school I work at I have an office 365 subscription I can use on my personal...
  9. OneDrive Business

OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  10. Onedrive for Business synch problems

Onedrive for Business synch problems: Dear all, I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation. The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account and 6+ user accounts. Is there any way to create a folder structure as admin (which has to be via the web-based interface)...