Windows 10: OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

Discus and support OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, we announced support for over 250 file types in OneDrive and SharePoint (with our recent additions Zip viewer, we're now up to over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

Source: Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers - Microsoft Tech Community

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2017

2. Errors

I have done this and the errors which appear at start-up have disappeared.

However the two files - one in OneDrive, one in Calendar are still there. Annoying but nothing more it seems

I have reported before that the OneDrive icon is a different format (old style) to OneDrive for Business (metro/modern style) as are the file tree formats when you open them. This a "design" feature I guess

Regards

Mike

mikeslovakia, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Office 2016 Pro getting list of available content and files -- but I'm not saving to SharePHioint

Well, duh. Seems that this is related to having put a file in a shared Onedrive for Business folder, and having said "share with others for editing." This turned that Office sharing feature on for both Onedrive personal and business. (our Business Onedrive
    is part of our SharePoint cloud.)

So I think most of this has been solved, and it probably didn't have anything to do with the attempt to install and then remove Designer.

Comments always welcome,

mike

notonyourtintype, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

1. OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers - Similar Threads - OneDrive Business Sharing

2. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  3. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  4. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  5. OneDrive Shared links!

OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  6. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Shared links!: Good morning, I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which sometimes are to large to send has a attachment. If this is the case I use the OneDrive "shared link" and send by email. My friends normally click on the link and watch automatically. Over the last few days I have...
  7. OneDrive Shared links!

OneDrive Shared links!: Good morning, I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which sometimes are to large to send has a attachment. If this is the case I use the OneDrive "shared link" and send by email. My friends normally click on the link and watch automatically. Over the last few days I have...
  8. Shared OneDrive Links !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared OneDrive Links !: Most of the PowerPoint presentations I do I save to OneDrive Mp4 because of the size etc. I can then send them via email using the "Shared links". It works fine most of the time with most of my contacts opening the links without any problem. After I have sent the link I...
  9. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  10. Onedrive share link isn't opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive share link isn't opening: Hey, Recently, I was not being able to shares my images with clients. Whenever my clients click the share links, it keeps showing "1drv.ms’s server IP address could not be found.". I believe there's an error/bugs with my Onedrive share links, it was working perfectly fine...