Windows 10: OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

Discus and support OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, we announced support for over 250 file types in OneDrive and SharePoint (with our recent additions Zip viewer, we're now up to over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

Source: Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers - Microsoft Tech Community

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2017

2. Errors

I have done this and the errors which appear at start-up have disappeared.

However the two files - one in OneDrive, one in Calendar are still there. Annoying but nothing more it seems

I have reported before that the OneDrive icon is a different format (old style) to OneDrive for Business (metro/modern style) as are the file tree formats when you open them. This a "design" feature I guess

Regards

Mike

mikeslovakia, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Office 2016 Pro getting list of available content and files -- but I'm not saving to SharePHioint

Well, duh. Seems that this is related to having put a file in a shared Onedrive for Business folder, and having said "share with others for editing." This turned that Office sharing feature on for both Onedrive personal and business. (our Business Onedrive
    is part of our SharePoint cloud.)

So I think most of this has been solved, and it probably didn't have anything to do with the attempt to install and then remove Designer.

Comments always welcome,

mike

notonyourtintype, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

1. OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers - Similar Threads - OneDrive Business Sharing

2. Onedrive for business problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive for business problems?: My onedrive for business does not work anymore. It's driving me nuts. I restart it and after a while it will stop running without any message. I need catch up with work over the weekend. Anyone else with this problem? Onedrive for personal works fine. submitted by...
  3. onedrive sharing link contains questionmark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sharing link contains questionmark: Visual Studio File System refuses to accept the file path "https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuqdOmzfMOT-5EmgHc3mDP0_viv-?e=M994NU" I think because it contains a question mark Can this be fixed?...
  4. OneDrive and Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive and Skype for Business: Let me first start with I'm new to Windows and I appreciate anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I'm still tinkering with it, trying to get it just right. Through the school I work at I have an office 365 subscription I can use on my personal...
  5. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  6. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  7. Onedrive share link isn't opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive share link isn't opening: Hey, Recently, I was not being able to shares my images with clients. Whenever my clients click the share links, it keeps showing "1drv.ms’s server IP address could not be found.". I believe there's an error/bugs with my Onedrive share links, it was working perfectly fine...
  8. How to Share OneDrive Links on Apple Computers

How to Share OneDrive Links on Apple Computers: I've sent links to share photo folders from my OneDrive account to various people. The links open fine for anyone using Windows PCs but people using iMacs & iPads can't open the links. I also can't open the links using my iPod Touch. The same people using Apple computers can...
  9. Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business: We’re updating how sharing mails are sent from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. We made a change earlier this year to send sharing mails from the sharing user's Exchange Online mailbox. At that time, we also stopped CC'ing the sender as the mails will now...
  10. Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email

in Windows 10 News
    Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email: For our business users we’ve added two very simple new ways to share files with Outlook Web App (OWA) and OneDrive for Business. It makes it really easy to collaborate on your documents and you don’t have to worry about multiple versions flying around in email – keeps things...