Windows 10: Onedrive for business sync is super slow

Discus and support Onedrive for business sync is super slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft! I cant start of saying that I work for a big company that using Onedrive for business. I have been in contact with our IT department a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SUPERH34VY, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Onedrive for business sync is super slow

Hi Microsoft!

I cant start of saying that I work for a big company that using Onedrive for business. I have been in contact with our IT department a lot regarding this issue but no one seems to know why its like this.

My issue is that when I try to upload a document to Onedrive the upload speed is so extremely slow for today's standards.

When doing this or someone else change something on the Sharepoint my computer CPU is going up to 25% of its power for Onedrive, this leads to the fans spins so fast that I think the computer will fly away. The specs of the computer is not the problem. Take a look below:

Dell Latitude 5500

i5-8365U

16GB RAM

Our network speed at the office is about 500mbit/s download speed. But when uploading something to Onedrive it uploading is kbit/s why is that?

I can also say that I am not alone with this issue. More or less all of my colleague have this issue. But I am the only one with an IT background that want to investigate why its like this. Or IT department have told us that there is no network limit on it, but it for sure is.

I have also tried ALL of the mentioned "solutions" for this. So its not a client issue.

Can you please give me a proper answer why we have this slow network speed in Onedrive?

:)

SUPERH34VY, Mar 19, 2020
  2. nitgeek Win User

What is the location of the temp file for OneDrive for business Sync

So I am trying to sync my onedrive for business with my PC. I have one single file and two empty folders on my OneDrive which is around 550 MB.
    I have a 2 mbps connection and I am waiting for the file to be available in my PC.
    But it's been 24 hours and I can see only the empty folders available but the file is still not available on my PC.

I checked the performance monitor and found Groovy.exe to be running and using network somewhere around 30 kbps.

I believe the file is being synced although the speed is extremely slow.

I just want to know what percentage of the file has been downloaded. OneDrive sync program just shows that one file is being synced but doesn't tell the progress.

I believe the file is being downloaded and kept in some temp location but couldn't find it after searching in App data folder.

Where does OneDrive "for business" keeps the temp file(the unfinished downloaded file)?

nitgeek, Mar 19, 2020
  3. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Onedrive for business sync is super slow

OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

Hi,

Have a Nokia 710 running Windows Phone 7.8

The issue I have is that I'm trying to get the Phone to sync with an Office 365 OneDrive for Business Account via the Office App, however due to the fact that it has previously been linked to a personal OneDrive account I cannot seem to get it to link to
    the OneDrive for Business account. Even adding a new location just doesn't seem to like it.

Is there any way you can reset the Office App (without resetting the whole phone) or is there some other way I can get it to connect, suggestions welcome.

I have posted this in the O365 forum and they have directed me here.

Thanks.

NeilMacCuish, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive for business sync is super slow

1. Onedrive for business sync is super slow - Similar Threads - Onedrive business sync

2. Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive: Just recently things get slower, tried to reinstall the apps however it is still the same. kindly assist. I am using window 10. However, slow loading of file will not happen if i open the document from application. For example, opening a MS Word file using Microsoft Word >>...
  3. Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive: Just recently things get slower, tried to reinstall the apps however it is still the same. kindly assist. I am using window 10. However, slow loading of file will not happen if i open the document from application. For example, opening a MS Word file using Microsoft Word >>...
  4. Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  6. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  7. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  8. Is it possible to sync two drives to OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to sync two drives to OneDrive for Business: I've got a user who has two hard drives on his computer, is there a way to sync both to OneDrive for Business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-sync-two-drives-to-onedrive-for/82040636-5f53-4931-a244-afd15889bf3f"
  9. OneDrive slow sync

OneDrive slow sync: My broadband is 240Mbps, no throttleing but Onedrive is only downloading at 100kbps. Any reason for this. 126961
  10. OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10: I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try picking a differnt place on...