Windows 10: OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files

Discus and support OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I clicked Free Up Space because OneDrive said I had too many files. I thought I would get some info or instructions, but it said it was changing file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mary of Austin, Feb 13, 2021.

1. OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files

I clicked Free Up Space because OneDrive said I had too many files.

I thought I would get some info or instructions, but it said it was changing file properties, and away it went.

After awhile it stopped and said it needed Administrator privileges to do something. I didn't know what all that was, so I clicked Cancel.

Awhile later, my computer gave the blue screen of death. Eventually I restarted.

Now, when I open Windows Explorer, all my files, including those that are not in OneDrive have the red circle with an X in it. It won't let me open any of my files. And Windows Explorer ran the green bar across the top for an hour or more, but never to to the end. I closed it and reopened, and it. It does the same thing, running the green bar across the top endlessly. If I click on the window, it crashes.

I'm running Windows 10, on a Dell laptop.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Mary Ann

:)

Mary of Austin, Feb 13, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Andres379 Win User
    OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

Hello

To save space on laptop I use Files on Demand feature in OneDrive. But every time as I am running some other app, like backup software or some photoediting software like ACDSee, file what are on OneDrive cloud get downloaded. To stop this I try to block
    the app to stop automatic file downloads. The problem is the app is not getting blocked not from OneDrive Block App feature, name of the blocked app is not appearing in Settings>Privacy>Automatic file downloads blocked app list. Also changes in registry then
    changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Spftware\Policies\Microsoft\Cloudfiles\BlockedApps DWORD value Enabled data to 1 (0 is allowing) is not changing anything and the App still downloads files.

Help! OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files :)

Andres379, Feb 13, 2021
  4. OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files

All text files appear corrupted

This appears to be some type of crypto malware at first glance. There are methods of removal and recovery available, but there are many variants of such malware. I would suggest to stop using your computer immediately and have the hard drive serviced by an experienced IT repair professional.

You may be able to recover older versions of your files in OneDrive that are not corrupted following these steps provided by Microsoft.

DontCopyThatFloppy, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files

1. OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files - Similar Threads - OneDrive Free Space

2. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  3. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  4. How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?: Hello,How to free up space onemail OneDrive by transferring files to computer?It is supposed to be easy, but I do not think so.I am not interested in ICloud or any other gimmick, my computeris backed up every week on an external hard drive.Which technique would you...
  5. Onedrive won't free up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive won't free up space: I have been using Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 7 for several months. As the C drive is only 120gb I have set 'Save space and download files as you use them' on Onedrive thus keeping 40gb or so free. However recently OneDrive is constantly being synced to the device using all...
  6. Onedrive won't free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive won't free up space: I have been using Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 7 for several months. As the C drive is only 120gb I have set 'Save space and download files as you use them' on Onedrive thus keeping 40gb or so free. However recently OneDrive is constantly being synced to the device using all...
  7. Onedrive and Free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and Free up space: Hello,Using Onedrive to back up folders on my W10 desktop.In order not to double up storage usage on my desktop, I am right clicking on the Onedrive folders and selecting Free up space which then grays out that option.But the next day when I go back to those folders, the Free...
  8. onedrive free up space reverts to download

onedrive free up space reverts to download: I want to keep my photos on OneDrive in the cloud. After freeing up space, OneDrive then downloads my files again, filling up my small SSD hard drive. I have check the option for files on demand. Also, reset OneDrive. This only happens on one of my two HP laptops, both...
  9. Onedrive Free up space

Onedrive Free up space: Hi I wanted to Free up laptop space so I selected my Photos folder onedrive and hit free up. PC grinds away and hey presto blue cloud next to all my photo folders, Job done. However....About an hour later I get a notification saying I had deleted a large number of files...
  10. back up files to free up space

back up files to free up space: My computer can't install updates because it doesn't have any space on C. I purchased a seagate back up drive but I'm not sure haow to move files to the new drive. I keep getting a message about xbox but I don't have that....