Windows 10: OneDrive Git repository

Discus and support OneDrive Git repository in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renadvent, Oct 22, 2019.

1. renadvent Win User

OneDrive Git repository

I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer. This continued for days through restarting my computer and OneDrive multiple times. Only solution was to remove my repository from my OneDrive folder. Then all my files synced normally.

Is there a known reason why this happens?

:)

renadvent, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 22, 2019
  4. OneDrive Git repository

User profile corruption after cloning git repository

My user profile is getting corrupted after cloning the git repository.

While the cloning is in progress there are scripts in the repo which tries to access 'c:\users\username\appdata\roaming' to save some data.

In the console log, getting the error as 'c:\users\username\roaming' folder doesn't exist and cloning stops. The location 'c:\users\username' folder is not accessible as "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
    error occurs (User has administrator privileges) This happens only after cloning the repository. Once the user profile is corrupt after sign in a temporary user profile is created and "We can't sign in to your account" error occurs.

Before the cloning I am able to access these folder without any errors and can sign in to the machine without any issues.

To recreate the corrupted user profile following these steps and the solution works.

https://webmakers.co.nz/delete-temp-user-profile-windows-server-2008-later/

After this whenever tried cloning to repo same user profile corruption issue persists.

Machine Details:

Git: 2.18.0

This issue is observed for couple of guys in team but works fine for others as a regular process of git cloning. Cross verified the system configuration and git repository privileges as well.

Aditya Jambhale, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Git repository

1. OneDrive Git repository - Similar Threads - OneDrive Git repository

2. Trying to reset WMI Repository

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reset WMI Repository: I'm following some troubleshooting advice to reset my WMI Repository on my Windows 10. I've successfully carried out the following commands:- Stopped winmgmt service- Deleted C:\Windows\System32\wbem\repository- Navigated to wbem folder in the command promt and successfully...
  3. git and pywb

git and pywb: I am trying to install pywb onto a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer. with Python 3.10.6, which has pip and setuptools. I understand it might not run here, this excersise is only to figure out how to install...
  4. Git For Windows won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Git For Windows won't run: I installed Git For Windows latest version and it won't run. Start the app and I see a little movement in the Windows 11 icon and then nothing. All software is latest version and I tried disabling virus protection. Nothing works. I went through all the steps outlined here and...
  5. Gitting my pin back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gitting my pin back: I had a stuck key which entered data over & over into my pin when I tried to come back from sleep mode. I can enter my password but can't switch back to pin. It asks me for a challenge question which I have no idea what that is. Any ideas on how to get back to pin....
  6. Gitting my pin back

Gitting my pin back: I had a stuck key which entered data over & over into my pin when I tried to come back from sleep mode. I can enter my password but can't switch back to pin. It asks me for a challenge question which I have no idea what that is. Any ideas on how to get back to pin....
  7. "The package repository is corrupted"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The package repository is corrupted": Hi, I opened my pc this morning and it was working perfectly fine. Later on after doing some work I went to download a word document from an email and got this message: "The package repository is corrupted". I proceeded to attempt to open other Microsoft Office App files...
  8. Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom: Hundreds of developers have had had Git source code repositories wiped and replaced with a ransom demand. The attacks started earlier today, appear to be coordinated across Git hosting services (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab), and it is still unclear how they are happening....
  9. git gui

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  10. Git for Cortana

Git for Cortana: I think that just Git is not enough. Who thinks anybody would use Git for Cortana "Clone <username/repository> to my computer" "Commit <file> to <username>s repository <repository>" "Create a new issue about <???>" ^ Examples By the way does dis support MD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. git repository clone on one drive

2. git stopped working when moved to onedrive