Windows 10: OneDrive Git repository

Discus and support OneDrive Git repository in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renadvent, Oct 22, 2019.

1. renadvent Win User

OneDrive Git repository

I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer. This continued for days through restarting my computer and OneDrive multiple times. Only solution was to remove my repository from my OneDrive folder. Then all my files synced normally.

Is there a known reason why this happens?

:)

renadvent, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 22, 2019
  4. OneDrive Git repository

User profile corruption after cloning git repository

My user profile is getting corrupted after cloning the git repository.

While the cloning is in progress there are scripts in the repo which tries to access 'c:\users\username\appdata\roaming' to save some data.

In the console log, getting the error as 'c:\users\username\roaming' folder doesn't exist and cloning stops. The location 'c:\users\username' folder is not accessible as "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
    error occurs (User has administrator privileges) This happens only after cloning the repository. Once the user profile is corrupt after sign in a temporary user profile is created and "We can't sign in to your account" error occurs.

Before the cloning I am able to access these folder without any errors and can sign in to the machine without any issues.

To recreate the corrupted user profile following these steps and the solution works.

https://webmakers.co.nz/delete-temp-user-profile-windows-server-2008-later/

After this whenever tried cloning to repo same user profile corruption issue persists.

Machine Details:

Git: 2.18.0

This issue is observed for couple of guys in team but works fine for others as a regular process of git cloning. Cross verified the system configuration and git repository privileges as well.

Aditya Jambhale, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Git repository

1. OneDrive Git repository - Similar Threads - OneDrive Git repository

2. viruses in file repository folder.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    viruses in file repository folder.: hi, my antivirus is detecting the malware - new.heur (variant graftor) in the file repository. I try to delete them but they appear again in the next scan and their number increases too. please help. thanks...
  3. Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using GIT GUI on Microsoft: When I attempt to check out a branch a "Question ?" popup generates saying "Unlink of file 'File path' failed. Should I try again? [ATTACH] When I click "No" the popup below generates [ATTACH] Why is this not allowing me to check out a branch? What should I try to do?...
  4. Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom: Hundreds of developers have had had Git source code repositories wiped and replaced with a ransom demand. The attacks started earlier today, appear to be coordinated across Git hosting services (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab), and it is still unclear how they are happening....
  5. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly: I have been using the Ubuntu terminal for Windows recently, and have just encountered a problem where outputs from git commands aren't displaying correctly. [ATTACH] Ubuntu terminal is on the left, and cmd on the right. As can be seen, the changes to be committed are not...
  6. git gui

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  7. Git for Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Git for Cortana: I think that just Git is not enough. Who thinks anybody would use Git for Cortana "Clone <username/repository> to my computer" "Commit <file> to <username>s repository <repository>" "Create a new issue about <???>" ^ Examples By the way does dis support MD...
  8. Software Repository Share not available to Everyone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software Repository Share not available to Everyone?: I'm attempting to create a Shared file that's open to Everyone on the network. I've done everything I can think of to allow Everyone to access it but when I try to access it from a user account not found on the shared file server it won't connect. The Everyone group has full...
  9. What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?: Git for Windows v2.11.0 is out! Download it here (homepage is here). The new version corresponds to Git v2.11.0 (release notes are here, and our friends over at GitHub blogged about it, too). Apart from the improvements inherited from the “upstream Git” project, Git for...
  10. ChakraCore GitHub repository is now open

in Windows 10 News
    ChakraCore GitHub repository is now open: In a December 2015 talk at JSConf US, we announced that we would be open-sourcing the key components of the Chakra JavaScript engine that powers Microsoft Edge. Today, we are excited to share with you that we’ve just made the sources for ChakraCore available under the MIT...