Windows 10: OneDrive-Google Drive conflict: Files moved from "\Users\xyz\Desktop" to...

Discus and support OneDrive-Google Drive conflict: Files moved from "\Users\xyz\Desktop" to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The desktop original directory was "C:\Users\xyz\Desktop", and my Google Drive is synced to that original directory. But after an overnight automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OnOne3, Apr 19, 2021.

1. OnOne3 Win User

OneDrive-Google Drive conflict: Files moved from "\Users\xyz\Desktop" to...

The desktop original directory was [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\Desktop"[/COLOR], and my Google Drive is synced to that original directory.

But after an overnight automatic update of Windows, 2 things happened:

1. My desktop's directory is changed from that original directory [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\Desktop"[/COLOR] to the OneDrive directory [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive\Desktop"[/COLOR]
    2. All my files are moved from that original directory [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\Desktop"[/COLOR] to the OneDrive directory [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive\Desktop"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]So nothing seems to have happened on my desktop [/COLOR]by appearance, files are still there. But desktop's directory is actually changed and files are moved from the original directory to the OneDrive directory. The original directory [COLOR=rgba0, 91, 106, 1]"C:\Users\xyz\Desktop"[/COLOR] is now empty and as a result my Google Drive's Desktop folder synced to the original directory is now also empty.

I usually use Google Drive not One Drive to access my desktop files on other devices. I can't sync the OneDrive desktop directory to my Google Drive because of I don't know what, it's still syncing to the original directory. So is it possible to rechange my desktop's directory to the original so that I can access desktop from Google Drive again?

:)

OnOne3, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

How can I change the default storage location onedrive to local hard disk partition?

Hi Kaushik,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to File Explorer, select View > Navigation Pane > Show libraries.
    • Click on Documents under Libraries.
    • You will see two sections (one C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive and other
      C:\Users\xyz), Drag and drop your files and folders.
    • Go to Libraries >> Documents >> Right click >> Properties.
    • Set the location to C:\Users\xyz (where xyz is your username).

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 19, 2021
  3. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

Hi RamsonGomes,

Steps to move Google Photos to OneDrive

To make use of MultCloud to move photos to OneDrive,

enter the official website of MultCloud, create a free account,

MultCloud | Best Free Multiple Cloud Storage Manager

Step 1. Click “Add Cloud Drives”, choose Google Photos and press Enter to add Google Photos. Then add OneDrive account in MultCloud using the same way.

Add Google Photos

Step 2. After adding Google Photos and OneDrive in MultCloud, click “Cloud Transfer” at the tool bar. In the “Cloud Transfer” interface, click “From: Select the directory you want to” transfer to add Google Photos and click “To: Select the target directory
    you want to save the files to” to add OneDrive.

Step 3. Having selected Google Photos as the source directory and OneDrive as destination place, you can click “Transfer Now” to commit your task.

For detailed guide with photo instructions follow this link:

https://www.multcloud.com/tutorials/move-google...

I hope this works out for you,

your feedback is much appreciated

Thanks and have a good day!

RichardGuerzon, Apr 19, 2021
  4. OldPilot Win User

Document files moved to OneDrive

My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2

I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move that folder back to the document folder within my user account and all of that worked okay. But why, had the files and folders been moved like that without my action. Also, how should I put my system back in order, if it is out of order?

Not only have the files been moved but the point to locations have been changed. The location of Documents is listed as "C:\Users\jvpri\OneDrive\Pictures" . Hmm...why should the documents folder have been placed within Pictures? There still exists a Documents folder within my User directory account but it was empty.

Also, some of my content on Desktop have been moved to a OneDrive/Desktop directory. There is a Where are my Files link left on the Desktop.

Because of all this, I tried to learn a bit more about how OneDrive is supposed to work, but only go more confused. So, besides solving my immediate problem, is there somewhere a good read that will simplify what I am supposed to expect from Onedrive and how to keep it all straight.

OldPilot, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive-Google Drive conflict: Files moved from "\Users\xyz\Desktop" to... - Similar Threads - OneDrive Google Drive

2. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. I have been given two OneDrive accounts through work, but I don't use them nor do I want them. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it...
  3. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. I have been given two OneDrive accounts through work, but I don't use them nor do I want them. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it...
  4. onedrive / google drive on Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    onedrive / google drive on Linux: Hi folks 1) Install rclone on Linux via your package manager - on arch / manjaro it's in the AUR (yay rclone) 2) follow these instructions after installing rclone (start at step 2 in the instructions !! skip step 1 -- install via your own package manager) How To Mount...
  5. Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive: i need to move my many photos from OneDrive Windows 10 to my PC drive to free up cloud space, as I've exceeded my limit. I don't want to lose my photos when i delete them from cloud....
  6. moving files from OneDrive to laptop hard drive and stopping sync

moving files from OneDrive to laptop hard drive and stopping sync: I used OneDrive to move files and settings from my old laptop to my new laptop both running Windows 10. However, the files themselves do not appear to be on my new laptop, but are stored in OneDrive. I want to complete the move i.e., have document and photo files stored on...
  7. not able to transfer files from google drive or onedrive to kindle

in Windows 10 Support
    not able to transfer files from google drive or onedrive to kindle: new to windows10. I used to save Gutenberg books In google drive and drag and drop the book to Kindle paperwhite (which is connected to computer by usb cable) by drag and drop in my old desktop with windows 7.. But I am not able to do it in the new laptop with windows 10....
  8. Moving OneDrive Files

Moving OneDrive Files: I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive because they take up so much space, how do I keep them from saving themselves onto my OneDrive?...
  9. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.: Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive D:) to the Onedrive location? Thanks Jim 131948
  10. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...