Windows 10: onedrive / google drive on Linux

Discus and support onedrive / google drive on Linux in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks 1) Install rclone on Linux via your package manager - on arch / manjaro it's in the AUR (yay rclone) 2) follow these instructions after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 29, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

onedrive / google drive on Linux

Hi folks 1) Install rclone on Linux via your package manager - on arch / manjaro it's in the AUR (yay rclone) 2) follow these instructions after installing rclone (start at step 2 in the instructions !! skip step 1 -- install via your own package manager) How To Mount OneDrive In Linux Using Rclone (Supports Business And Personal Accounts) - Linux Uprising Blog After Web browser opens -- sign in and save as book mark Then next time at boot or whenever to mount the one drive disk simply run this command as a normal user rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount "onedrive": ~/OneDrive Your OneDrive cloud disk will be mounted on onedrive in your Linux system - access just like Windows And from the browser Job done !!! Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 29, 2021
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, May 29, 2021
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

i was about to add that ... i never used OneDrive, since i got Google Drive previously i used Dropbox due to their offer when i bought a HTC One X

GreiverBlade, May 29, 2021
  4. onedrive / google drive on Linux

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 29, 2021
Thema:

onedrive / google drive on Linux

1. onedrive / google drive on Linux - Similar Threads - onedrive google drive

2. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. I have been given two OneDrive accounts through work, but I don't use them nor do I want them. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it...
  3. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed Google Drive: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. I have been given two OneDrive accounts through work, but I don't use them nor do I want them. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it...
  4. Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive: I want to ask for clarification on using and syncing files in both Google drive and One drive on the same computer.I use 2 Emails for saving and syncing files 1. Wk.........*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email is hidden for personal privacy: I use this email for...
  5. Linux users wanting to use google or Onedrive - here's how

Linux users wanting to use google or Onedrive - here's how: Deleted -- app wants you to pay after starting process -- I HATE these sneakerware type of things -- tell users up front if its paid, trial or free. I have no objection to paid software if it does the job and is open up front but I will never use again sites that "semi-con"...
  6. Is Microsoft OneDrive Deleting Google Drive?

Is Microsoft OneDrive Deleting Google Drive?: I use Google Drive, simple to install and use. And OneDrive comes along. It has all the hallmarks of a malware. It insists on reinstalling itself even after being removed. You seemed to have hired a programmer who worked on malware. Some malware writers probably worked...
  7. Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?: Which is more convenient? Onedrive or google drive? 118986
  8. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  9. Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive: Anyway to do this? I don't use Onedrive at all, i do use Google Drive, i just want to replace that shortcut to lead to google drive instead of onedrive? maybe editing through regedit? Thanks everyone. [img] 13233
  10. Linux on a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux on a flash drive: Is there a tutorial on how to setup Linux Distro on a large flashdrive where you can add software to the flash drive and a printer. That when you close the linux version and remove the flashdrive and then decide to use it later, all the software is still there? 72492