Windows 10: OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

Discus and support OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm interested in using the OneDrive "Important Folders" feature to backup all Documents and Pictures silently when users logon to devices but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grant_351, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Grant_351 Win User

OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

Hi,

I'm interested in using the OneDrive "Important Folders" feature to backup all Documents and Pictures silently when users logon to devices but not the Desktop. I'd like to manage and push the setup out via Group policy settings.

Running the latest ADMX files I can't see this being an option to limit it to just Documents and Pictures folder. The only way to prevent the Desktop from Syncing to OneDrive is to put a folder redirection in which means the GPO setting "Silently move windows known folders to OneDrive" doesn't work as it fails on the Desktop.

Grant

:)

Grant_351, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 23, 2019
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Jul 23, 2019
  4. OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

1. OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop - Similar Threads - OneDrive Group policy

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  4. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  5. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black: I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find that it is now just a black wallpaper. It seems to happen at random but once it has happened the wallpaper does not come back....
  7. Group Policy Editor Folders

Group Policy Editor Folders: I'm not sure if this is "kosher" for community rules, but this is the problem I'm having: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-editor/37e25498-bfeb-4820-86be-146696cb56c2?auth=1. The thread is locked so I wanted to repost and see if anyone else...
  8. OneDrive Removal WITHOUT Group Policy Editor

OneDrive Removal WITHOUT Group Policy Editor: Hi, I'm wanting to disable/remove OneDrive as I believe it is affecting my internet when it runs its syncs. However I have discovered online the only way to do this is to use the Group Policy Editor. The group policy editor does not exist on my copy of Windows 10. Is...
  9. Grouping folders on the desktop

Grouping folders on the desktop: My folders are all on the left side of the screen. How can I move them to other areas of the desktop and group them as I want to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grouping-folders-on-the-desktop/48ca3528-4c11-41aa-baf2-faea219975d7
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent backup desktop folders to onedrive with gPO