Windows 10: OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

Discus and support OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2,000+ devices that are managed by Microsoft Intune. OneDrive is not loading properly on the devices. Users can access their files through a web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by codyd, May 22, 2020.

1. codyd Win User

OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

I have 2,000+ devices that are managed by Microsoft Intune. OneDrive is not loading properly on the devices. Users can access their files through a web browser, but OneDrive does not show up in file explorer.

I found that the local group policy "Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage" is enabled on every device that I've looked at. When I set the policy to "Not Configured" OneDrive successfully shows in file explorer.

I tried to create an Device Configuration Administrative Template in Intune to resolve this, but the option to modify this setting is unavailable.

I need a suggestion for a quick method to change this policy setting and allow OneDrive for file storage.

:)

codyd, May 22, 2020
  2. zac2566 Win User

Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's

Hi,

I have a set up two Windows 10 Education Edition laptops. I would like to configure them both with the same settings/permissions.

How can a I make a "User Group" and add policies to it.

For example: Have a "User Group" called "Kids" and then be allowed to configure the windows settings, deploy them to a different printer ect.

I can load lusrmgr.msc and add a Group called "Kids" but if I go into mmc.exe and add the Group Policy Object, I have no option to pick "Kids"

Any suggestions.

Thanks

zac2566, May 22, 2020
  3. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions
    In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education [​IMG]

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions

Cluster Head, May 22, 2020
  4. OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

Unable to Open Group Policy Settings in Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Which Windows 10 editions did you install, home or pro?
    • What exactly happens when you try to use the Group Policy Editor?

The Group policy editor feature is not present in Home Edition of Windows 10.

You may try the workaround to make sure the OneDrive doesn't sync.

• You will see OneDrive icon on the System Tray of your
      Taskbar. So right click on it to select its Settings
      option.
    • On the Microsoft OneDrive window, select Settings tab. Then on the
      General section, you will see two options. Uncheck the first and second option.
    • Click Ok.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 22, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

1. OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education - Similar Threads - OneDrive Group Policy

2. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  3. Group Policy settings missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policy settings missing in Windows 10: If some of your Group Policy areas, settings, or folders are missing in Windows 10, then you need to re-register these DLL files. On a standalone computer, you normally use the Local Group Policy Editor, but on networked or AD computers you use Group Policy Management Editor....
  4. Looking for group policy setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for group policy setting: that locks all connection ports when in lock screen. I actually set it today, but now forgot where it's at and I wanted to add it to my notes for future reference. I am not sure if it was from a tutorial on this site or elsewhere. I searched my history but came up empty. Is...
  5. Group Policy Settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings Windows 10: How does one reset all group plicies to default settings in windows 10. I have no executable named "gpedit". Thanks Peeps..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-settings-windows-10/d99877a9-7349-49ec-91a5-aaf9edac8be4
  6. Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers: Hello, As a student, I can get Windows 10 Education for free from my school's Microsoft Imagine program that they got for us. I was thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education. One thing I am worried about is that my school's group policy would then...
  7. Group Policy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  8. Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's: Hi, I have a set up two Windows 10 Education Edition laptops. I would like to configure them both with the same settings/permissions. How can a I make a "User Group" and add policies to it. For example: Have a "User Group" called "Kids" and then be allowed to...
  9. Update Group Policy Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Update Group Policy Settings in Windows 10: How to: Update Group Policy Settings in Windows 10 How to Manually Update Group Policy Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through...
  10. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...