Windows 10: OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back!

Discus and support OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have NO USE for OneDrive, Will not use it, and uninstall it every time. I have had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro 1903 from a Insider Slow Ring build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blarney77, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Blarney77 Win User

OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back!

I have NO USE for OneDrive, Will not use it, and uninstall it every time.

I have had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro 1903 from a Insider Slow Ring build that developed GSOD "Kernel Security Check Failure" that even Microsoft could not correct. Of course OneDrive installed with the new install, and I jumped right into the Control Panel and Uninstalled it.

But... THIS TIME it keeps coming back!! I have blocked it from running (Ccleaner), but Windows keeps restoring the OneDrive folders and reinstalling the program.

I DO NOT want cloud storage, and I CERTAINLY do not want everything I save duplicated on my hard drive taking up massive amounts of space.

I cannot even remove the install file from the WinSxS folder AFTER taking ownership of it... (Or appearing to take ownership!)

I have even gone through my Program Files (both), Program Data, AppData folders and removed all OneDrive folders, and gone through the registry and removed anything that refers to OneDrive as a final measure. It's like that dang Cat that Keeps Coming Back!

What have I missed?

Thanks for any ideas. I'm outta those. ;-)

:)

Blarney77, Oct 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 25, 2019
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Oct 25, 2019
  4. OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back!

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back! :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back!

1. OneDrive has been uninstalled... And keeps coming back! - Similar Threads - OneDrive has been

2. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  3. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  4. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....
  5. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....
  6. Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it

Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it: I'm trying to delete Epic Online Services from my pc, when I did it kept coming back to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epic-online-services-keeps-coming-back-after-i/404f05e0-a426-4f8e-9d25-d3839909f6f4
  7. Uninstall Microsoft Edge and Keep it from Coming Back

in Browsers and Email
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge and Keep it from Coming Back: Or just use Edge Deflector and leave Edge installed. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser. Uninstalling Edge might cause issues if a cumulative update targets Edge then that update might fail to install. 183536
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. Malware keeps coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware keeps coming back: This softonic PUP is coming back after few restarts of the system. How can i completely delete it? [img] 144542
  10. Uninstalling/Disabling the HID Touch Screen driver keeps coming back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling/Disabling the HID Touch Screen driver keeps coming back on: Hello, I have been trying to disable and permanently uninstall the HID touch screen driver.. I have disabled it, but after reboot it shows enabled again.. I have uninstalled it.. again after reboot shows up again (this is totally weird).. I've gone into clean boot to disable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive keeps coming back