Windows 10: OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

Discus and support OneDrive has completely stopped syncing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok. OneDrive has been nothing but trouble. This doesn't surprise me. It's a Microsoft product. However, in the past, when I have uninstalled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmra1959, Oct 13, 2018.

1. jmra1959 Win User

OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

Ok. OneDrive has been nothing but trouble. This doesn't surprise me. It's a Microsoft product. However, in the past, when I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it's begun syncing again.

Not this time. Nothing. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Three bloody times. Nothing is syncing.

I have to have backup. Any thoughts or suggestion on how to get this damned thing working again would be appreciated.

:)

jmra1959, Oct 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 13, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive has completely stopped syncing. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Oct 13, 2018
  4. OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

OneDrive cannot complete synchronization

Thanks, Neftali Ramirez. That was a good suggestion. But it didn't work. OneDrive still cannot sync certain files. That seems particularly strange since I can download the files. I tried going online and copying one of the folders that won't sync.
    The copy won't sync either.

What's the next step?

jaygourley, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

1. OneDrive has completely stopped syncing. - Similar Threads - OneDrive has completely

2. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  3. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  4. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  5. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  6. How to completely stop Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  7. How to completely stop Onedrive

How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  8. How to Stop Syncing onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop Syncing onedrive: Hello,I would like to know how to stop all onedrive syncing.It will not allow me to uncheck "Documents", "Downloads", "Pictures"I am tired of having to go into one drive to delete things just to have onedrive put them all back.I dont want sync!! I like placing files in...
  9. Stop Onedrive from syncing!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Onedrive from syncing!!: I hate OneDrive so much. It's hyperactive and wasting my time over and over again. I've been trying to deselect most of my folders so that they don't automatically sync. Should be simple enough but this thing is designed so poorly. Firstly you can't access the Settings...
  10. Onedrive has ceased to sync

Onedrive has ceased to sync: Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks! @DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile