Windows 10: OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive

Discus and support OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have one onedrive setup so it is on a secondary harddisk on my computer D:/. I've noticed it has duplicated everything on it to my system drive C:/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EjnarSørensen1, Feb 14, 2021.

1. OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive

I have one onedrive setup so it is on a secondary harddisk on my computer D:/. I've noticed it has duplicated everything on it to my system drive C:/ as well.

How do I stop this happening? The system harddisk is much smaller so I want all the space I can on it. Also why would anyone want two copies of the same files on the same computer?

Ejnar

:)

EjnarSørensen1, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 14, 2021
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive :)

dhdude, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Joe Men Win User

OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive

Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Deleting the files from the OneDrive app will delete them from the OneDrive servers as well.

The said app works differently form a PC wherein you can choose the folders that you want to sync. Using the said app for Windows Mobile will always display all the contents of your account.

You can help Windows Mobile better by submitting a suggestion or feature request about the Windows and Apps.

Follow the steps below to submit a feature request about the mentioned app:

• Launch OneDrive.
    • Tap the Ellipsis [ . . . ] button on the lower right part of the screen.
    • Tap Give feedback.
    • Under the What would you like to send? drop down menu, select
      Suggest an idea.
    • Type in your suggestion in the Include a message text box.
    • Once you're done with the message, tap on the Check
      mark
      located at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thank you.

Joe Men, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive

1. OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive - Similar Threads - OneDrive has copied

2. Personal folder shortcut not listing all of its contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal folder shortcut not listing all of its contents: Hi.I want to make a shortcut of my personal folder or add it to quick access but the results is not what I hoped for.I click on start and on the personal folder shortcut to the left edge of the menu above power, then click on address to get the address and make a shortcut.Or,...
  3. Personal folder shortcut not listing all of its contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal folder shortcut not listing all of its contents: Hi.I want to make a shortcut of my personal folder or add it to quick access but the results is not what I hoped for.I click on start and on the personal folder shortcut to the left edge of the menu above power, then click on address to get the address and make a shortcut.Or,...
  4. Personal folder shortcut not listing all of its contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents: When I turned my computer off and then turned it back on, bitlocker recovery asked for my password. I don't have the password he wants at the moment, and there is no video on the internet that I haven't watched, about how to find my password. In the field where it wants my...
  6. Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents: When I turned my computer off and then turned it back on, bitlocker recovery asked for my password. I don't have the password he wants at the moment, and there is no video on the internet that I haven't watched, about how to find my password. In the field where it wants my...
  7. Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook: CDs and DVDs are no longer easy to use. Most notebooks and desktops no longer offer a CD or DVD reader/writer.I have a huge collection of songs and movies officialy bought ! that I would like to copy into my notebook HD or SSD.How can I do it ?...
  8. Shared Drive and its contents

Shared Drive and its contents: Why are all the folders inside a Shared Drive not automatically shared? I assume it was so but when I checked several folder inside a shared Drive , some are shared others are not . Any reason for this ? Tks 178514
  9. OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content

OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content: I have physically copied some directories into OneDrive with drag and drop from my machine. However, only the main directories are actually searched, not the subdirectories or the files they contain. How can we solve the problem? Thank you sa...
  10. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...