Windows 10: OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive

Discus and support OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'll be straight, I hate OneDrive. I can afford extended plans and only have the basic, but it gets annoying telling me that it's full. It hasn't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RileyELF23, Mar 27, 2021.

1. OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive

I'll be straight, I hate OneDrive. I can afford extended plans and only have the basic, but it gets annoying telling me that it's full. It hasn't been able to back up anything in a year, which suits me fine, I just want my photos stored locally.

So, I tried to unlink my PC from backing up photos to OneDrive and it has kindly deleted my entire photo archive, which includes hundreds of images that one drive couldn't back up, due to being full.

I could just about get me head around it removing files common to OneDrive and my PC, but everything? This is like some sick ransomware thing to get you to pay for additional storage I don't want.

What I do want is all my photos back.

Any ideas to undo this file assassination?

:)

RileyELF23, Mar 27, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

Transfer entire Amazon and Google Photos to Microsoft OneDrive

Amazon Photos functions the same as Google Photos so you just need to download first all your photos from both of them on your computer and upload it afterward to OneDrive.

I wouldn't also suggest deleting the photos on your computer just to make sure that you have a copy of them on both OneDrive and your computer.

OneDrive doesn't have an automatic upload. What you can do is to use the OneDrive app on your Windows 10 computer wherein you will have Pictures folder on dedicated for OneDrive and anything you place on that folder will be synced as well on OneDrive and that
    folder is the one that you should not delete since it is syncing on your OneDrive.

It's always best to compile all your photos in one storage. Just make sure that it will fit on the OneDrive free storage size of 5GB or you may need to purchase additional storage for it. I would also recommend to always keep a backup copy of those photos locally
    on your computer.

For a tutorial on how to use the OneDrive app on Windows, you may view the video on this link.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-f...

WiIfred P, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 27, 2021
  4. garyb0125 Win User

OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive

OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but suggest you uninstall OneDrive, then delete the OneDrive folder in C:\Users\User-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and then reinstall OneDrive.

garyb0125, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive

1. OneDrive has deleted my entire local photo archive - Similar Threads - OneDrive has deleted

2. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  3. Onedrive has emptied my local folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has emptied my local folders: Help! Onedrive has emptied my local folders under ThisPC/WindowsC:/Users/myname/Documents How do I get them back? I wanted to use Onedrive as a cloud backup for my local data. But now it's all moved and not in my folders.How do I get things back in order? How do I prevent...
  4. How do I only dsiplay my local desktop and not OneDrive and eliminate the OneDrive entirely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I only dsiplay my local desktop and not OneDrive and eliminate the OneDrive entirely?: How do I only display and save to the local desktop and not the OneDrive Desktop?I've been trying to move all my OneDrive system folder to local so I can complete remove OneDrive from my computer. When I copied my OneDrive contents to my local Desktop folder i.e.,...
  5. How do I only dsiplay my local desktop and not OneDrive and eliminate the OneDrive entirely?

How do I only dsiplay my local desktop and not OneDrive and eliminate the OneDrive entirely?: How do I only display and save to the local desktop and not the OneDrive Desktop?I've been trying to move all my OneDrive system folder to local so I can complete remove OneDrive from my computer. When I copied my OneDrive contents to my local Desktop folder i.e.,...
  6. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  7. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  8. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows 10 mail has deleted my entire inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail has deleted my entire inbox: Hi, yesterday I came into work and my entire inbox was deleted. We are using the default windows 10 mail app. Emails are not in deleted folder either. Mails received yesterday were also deleted overnight but these were in the deleted folder this morning. How is this possible?...
  10. Transfer entire Amazon and Google Photos to Microsoft OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer entire Amazon and Google Photos to Microsoft OneDrive: How can I transfer Amazon photos & Google Photos to Microsoft OneDrive? I would like to cancel my Amazon and Google Photos subscription but not before I transfer all my photos. Thank you!...