Windows 10: OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate

Discus and support OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried using OneDrive and I can't get rid of it. It is messing up my computer to the point where I can't install or play games and since I am stuck in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexLorien, Mar 15, 2021.

1. OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate

I tried using OneDrive and I can't get rid of it. It is messing up my computer to the point where I can't install or play games and since I am stuck in a hospital bed for the foreesable future, that might be what actually kills me and not my failing health.

Whenever I try and even unlink the folders, it comes up with the error 'can't stop syching folder', despite it being left to do so for days, deactivated, forced closed, and following every guide I can find to get rid of it.

I can't do a full system wipe and reboot from the hospital bed and with the wifi here its both terrible and extremely expensive, so I don't know what to do. Can canyone help please?

OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate 2a907228-3168-4152-a125-24b1889c87cc?upload=true.png

:)

AlexLorien, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 15, 2021
  3. My Windows 10 desktop File Explorer must be broken or OneDrive is messing it up?

Allan, let's just get me out of OneDrive completely. I'm tired of messing with it & I have no real need for it nor do I trust that what I have on it will always be the most current version or that it will be accessible or be editable if I'm out somewhere
    due to internet connection issues, permissions or Settings. So, can you just give me the steps to turn off OneDrive completely so it won't ever mess with me again?

I'll just take it off my list forever.

Jeff A. Davis, Mar 15, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate

n-ster, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate

1. OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate - Similar Threads - OneDrive has messed

2. TOTAL PANIC - New OneDrive Personal has things messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TOTAL PANIC - New OneDrive Personal has things messed up.: I took the bit and downloaded the new BACK-UP program from Micro-Soft. I read the the 32 bit program don't back up on a chat.But now - I can't access my download files, Outlook files pst and other. I looks like it is still in the process of backing up. I'm I LOCK-UP out until...
  3. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  4. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  5. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My laptop keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keyboard is messed up: My laptop keyboard is messed up and I don't know what to do. When I press /a/ it would type /43ex/ and when I press any other key it would type some 3 digits words and numbers like /5gt/ or something like that....
  7. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  8. Update has messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  9. OneDrive Has Messed Up My Laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Has Messed Up My Laptop!: I recently activated OneDrive. It backed up all the files on my Dell laptop Windows 10. Unfortunately, now my desktop screen, where I keep all the files and folders I am working on, contains random files and folders. Essentially, it now contains ALL my files and folders...
  10. Windows has messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has messed up my desktop: I was messing around in the notification area and all of sudden my desktop has changed, every app I've opened takes full screen, and won't restore down, they will minimize. All the desktop icons are hidden, there's something similar to the start menu on the left side of the...