Windows 10: OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

Discus and support OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AHassan1, Jan 5, 2022.

1. AHassan1 Win User

OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I cannot find the root cause. For some time now, I've been having issues with OneDrive going on to automatically upload everything it finds on my PC even though I never allocated it to do so. On top of that, it rearranges my file explorer until nothing makes sense anymore. I factory reset my computer 2 times, and I had windows 11 back when I first encountered this issue. I thought it was because the OS was still in beta mode that I was experiencin

:)

AHassan1, Jan 5, 2022

2. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Jan 5, 2022
  3. FIle Explorer OneDrive Sorting

I was wondering how I could rearrange the default listing of onedrive accounts (& other parent destination folders) in the file explorer sidebar? Specifically, I would like to move my personal onedrive folder down, but it won't let me drag and drop
    this below. I have also tried to hide my personal onedrive folder, but that will not work either. Thanks for your help! - Jace
    OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my... [​IMG]

Jace.Jerome, Jan 5, 2022
  4. Scott 316 Win User

OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

File Explorer malfunctioning

Thank you for the pertinent guidance to create a screen shot. Today after I did a cold start boot-up, I was able to open a functioning File Explorer, so hopefully the problem has corrected itself. It seems, however, that I earlier was able to use File
    Explorer after the recent Windows 10 update, only for it to malfunction yesterday, so if the problem recurs, I'll be sure to do a screen shot. Thank you for your willingness to help and your suggestion.

Sincerely,

Scott

Scott 316, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my... - Similar Threads - OneDrive has rearranged

2. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  3. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  4. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...: After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I cannot find the root cause. For some time now, I've been having issues with OneDrive going on to automatically upload...
  6. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...: After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I cannot find the root cause. For some time now, I've been having issues with OneDrive going on to automatically upload...
  7. File Explorer and W10 file structure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and W10 file structure: I am the sole user of a W10 PC and find the basic file structure used in W10 totally confusing. It seems impossible to get information about what is nested under what and how the parts are interacting to understand how the hierarchy is built up. Trying to re/organize my...
  8. OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!: My son just got a new Win10 machine and got himself set up on it. Today, I went to help him with a software install and I saw that OneDrive has sort of taken over things! Folders on the desktop have little cloud icons (or x's, or updating icons), some folders can't be deleted...
  9. File Explorer - rearranging files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - rearranging files: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  10. Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction: Hello! I legitimately cannot solve this myself and I require further assistance on this matter. If I enable the setting "Fastboot" as seen here (currently disabled): [img] My entire explorer interface experiences the following issues, these occur directly...