Windows 10: OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

Discus and support OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am at my whits-end. I am an avid user of OneNote as I am a student. However, I couldn't find as I am using OneNote for windows 10 where my files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ludovico Fraschetti, Jun 27, 2022.

1. OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

I am at my whits-end. I am an avid user of OneNote as I am a student. However, I couldn't find as I am using OneNote for windows 10 where my files are saved, and as I need to send in my laptop for repairs, I do not want to run the risk of losing all my notes.I never had a good experience with OneDrive 5GB of available space that gets used up within seconds of downloading it is ridiculous, so I had disabled it. I saw that my OneNote for windows 10 and the other OneNote aparently there are 2, and they don't work with each other/sync?? are not the same, and after some research it seems that

:)

Ludovico Fraschetti, Jun 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. ScottyMac Win User

OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I'll answer those below in number order:
    1 - Have refreshed the desktop, have run chkdsk, have run scannow, have tried to locate the desktop cache (unsure if it's still present in Windows 10), have tried locating these phantom icons in the desktop folder. All of these were completed with elevated administrator privileges.
    2 - Have clearly restarted, many times. The icons do not delete and reappear, they just do not delete at all. Well, they go to the recycle bin as you can see from the original screen shot, but NEVER actually disappear from the desktop at all, it's like they leave a permanent shadow.
    3 - Some icons have deleted correctly but I'm noticing that this is few and far between and I can't put my finger on why. Those that have been left behind include files (pdf, word, png), application shortcuts and folders.
    4 - No OS tweaks or third party apps that have been run.
    5 - Have not reinstalled the display driver yet. Could try that. Just using the onboard Intel graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

No Onedrive being used so nowhere cloud based that these icons should be living and hiding.

ScottyMac, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

1. OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps - Similar Threads - OneDrive has seemingly

2. All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...: I have two outlook e-mail addresses. On one I have a subscription of Office 365. Anyway I did not realize and uploaded a bunch of videos and pics from an outdoor camera on Onedrive and I guess they went to the free one and it started giving me message that I went over my...
  3. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  4. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  5. OneDrive deleted all my files.

6. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  7. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  8. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps: I am at my whits-end. I am an avid user of OneNote as I am a student. However, I couldn't find as I am using OneNote for windows 10 where my files are saved, and as I need to send in my laptop for repairs, I do not want to run the risk of losing all my notes.I never had a...
  10. Onedrive deleted all my files

Onedrive deleted all my files: Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help? 13073