Windows 10: OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive

Discus and support OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI background. My dropbox kept getting permission errors and since Dropbox support can't help i've elected to stop using Dropbox and copy all files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eric801, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Eric801 Win User

OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive

HI

background. My dropbox kept getting permission errors and since Dropbox support can't help i've elected to stop using Dropbox and copy all files to One Drive. This has worked fairly well except One Drive is located on my C drive windows 10 pc. and my Hard Drive is full.

My internal D drive has ample space so i followed Microsofts tutorial to move one drive to D and it is now in D. but it is also in C.

being the computer dummy i am....if it's in D can I just delete what's in C? or is there some special process i need to do?

Also when I copied all my dropbox folders from my 1st computer to OneDrive they also showed up on the C drive of computer 2.

One drive is still showing on computer 2 in C but not D.

What do i need to do to get OneDrive showing on D and not C on computer 2.

:)

Eric801, Feb 15, 2021
  2. GordoBarr Win User

Sync D Drive with OneDrive

I am using OneDrive to sync my files on my C drive and all is working fine. But I can not find a way to have my D drive connect to OneDrive. I would like my D drive to sync with OneDrive. Does anyone know how to get a D Drive to sync with OneDrive?

GordoBarr, Feb 15, 2021
  3. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Feb 15, 2021
  4. OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive

Problems with c and d drives

Hello,

I just purchased a notebook with an GB memory 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive. When transferring all my files onto the new computer, everything went to the onedrive, which doesn't have enough space either and I didn't want to use it.

I figured out how to delete the onedrive and check all the boxes for any downloads to be automatically put onto the d drive. When I go into the properties of any document on the computer, they are still saying something like this: C:\Users\rnv19\OneDrive\Desktop
    However, when I go into the d drive folder, it shows these items in the folder.

I'm confused as to where my items are, and why the c drive is full of all these files that I have no idea what they are.

Thanks for any help.

rnvballinger, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive

1. OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive - Similar Threads - OneDrive help Drive

2. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  3. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  4. One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:: Most NEW Computers have the root drive as an SSD for C: How can I redirect the OneDrive files to synch to D, which is much larger than C :?...
  5. One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:: Most NEW Computers have the root drive as an SSD for C: How can I redirect the OneDrive files to synch to D, which is much larger than C :?...
  6. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  7. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. Merging C and D drive to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging C and D drive to one drive: Im currently got a small 128 gb ssd and a 2tb hdd in my system, I would like to upgrade to a single 2tb ssd is it possible to retain all data and software installed or is it best to do a fresh install of windows....
  9. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  10. How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?: My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?...