Windows 10: OneDrive help!

Discus and support OneDrive help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I don't understand how OneDrive works. When I save a file to my hard drive, the file also shows up in OneDrive on my computer. It then uploads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardLindley1, Oct 19, 2019.

1. OneDrive help!

Hello,

I don't understand how OneDrive works. When I save a file to my hard drive, the file also shows up in OneDrive on my computer. It then uploads it to the cloud.

What is going on here? I didn't set this up - at least I didn't mean to...

Where can I learn how this works? There must be some up to date info.

Or can someone explain what's going on here.

Help!

Rich

:)

RichardLindley1, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 19, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 19, 2019
  4. OneDrive help!

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive help!

1. OneDrive help! - Similar Threads - OneDrive help

2. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  3. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  4. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  5. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  6. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

7. Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!: Dear all, I hope you will be able to help me because I am going crazy here...I think this is due to an update, and since then I encounter a lot of issues:1. first I could not use my PIN anymore to connect. This one I managed to resolve using a tutorial.but I STILL have other...
  8. Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!

Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!: Dear all, I hope you will be able to help me because I am going crazy here...I think this is due to an update, and since then I encounter a lot of issues:1. first I could not use my PIN anymore to connect. This one I managed to resolve using a tutorial.but I STILL have other...
  9. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  10. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...