Windows 10: OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

Discus and support OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just discovered that a shortcut has been placed in my hard drive directing all my files to OneDrive with an error message that I need to purchase more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CassTaylor, Nov 30, 2023.

1. OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

Just discovered that a shortcut has been placed in my hard drive directing all my files to OneDrive with an error message that I need to purchase more space. I DON'T WANT TO USE ONE DRIVE! I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION FOR THIS ACTION! How do I get my data back on my computer and remove the shortcut. I have looked up solutions online and the One Drive online appears to have changed their webpage and I can't find the account settings suggested.

:)

CassTaylor, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

OneDrive has hijacked my "Documents" folder

Hi Keegan,

To isolate your issue regarding with your data which is missing, we'd like to ask if your OneDrive files was synced with your computer before you uninstall it. If you experience data loss, we suggest that you login to your OneDrive.

• Login to www.onedrive.com.
    • Click on the question mark icon on the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
    • Select Email OneDrive Support.
    • Fill out the box and include the following:
    • Device/Time the files were seen.
    • Folder/file names that went missing.
    • Permission to view the OD Account History.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 30, 2023
  4. OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

1. OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back. - Similar Threads - OneDrive hijacked data

2. OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.: Just discovered that a shortcut has been placed in my hard drive directing all my files to OneDrive with an error message that I need to purchase more space. I DON'T WANT TO USE ONE DRIVE! I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION FOR THIS ACTION! How do I get my data back on my computer and...
  3. OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive hijacked my data. I want it back.: Just discovered that a shortcut has been placed in my hard drive directing all my files to OneDrive with an error message that I need to purchase more space. I DON'T WANT TO USE ONE DRIVE! I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION FOR THIS ACTION! How do I get my data back on my computer and...
  4. OneDrive hijacks folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive hijacks folders: I just want to let the developers at Microsoft know how truly disgusted I am with the changes that now allow OneDrive to hijack my files and folders. Having OneDrive hijack My Documents folder has created a massive headache getting games and programs installed that use it as...
  5. OneDrive hijacks folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive hijacks folders: I just want to let the developers at Microsoft know how truly disgusted I am with the changes that now allow OneDrive to hijack my files and folders. Having OneDrive hijack My Documents folder has created a massive headache getting games and programs installed that use it as...
  6. OneDrive hijacks folders

7. OneDrive has Hijacked my data and I want it back

OneDrive has Hijacked my data and I want it back: I never gave permission for my data photos, documents, etc... to be uploaded to the cloud, nor do I want OneDrive to be the default location for my data.The good news is, somewhere along the line you created a program that seamlessly uploads data to the cloud; the bad news is...
  8. Onedrive hijacking my files

Onedrive hijacking my files: So I got on my pc and saw that my folders like documents and desktop are in onedrive, they got removed from quick access in file explorer. How can I prevent onedrive from taking my folders and files? I never used one drive or never backed anything up with it so i don’t know...
  9. I want my files on OneDrive removed and back on PC

I want my files on OneDrive removed and back on PC: Hi, I HATE ONEDRIVE. This is the worst cloud service ever! It only has 5gb storage, however it removed all my 600GB photos from my PC! It only backed up 4GB, however all 600gb have been removed from my PC and transferred to the cloud. This alone has me baffled, how can it...
  10. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...