Windows 10: OneDrive holding my files hostage?

Discus and support OneDrive holding my files hostage? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WhereAreMyPhotos, Jan 9, 2024.

1. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it copy overnight and when I woke up I noticed a bunch of red X's on most files under a new "Status" column. After a bit of research it looked like it meant that those files couldn't be uploaded to OneDrive. OneDrive said I'd reached my 5GB allotment. I've never used OneDrive and I wasn't interested in paying $ to increase my limits yet, so I told it to stop syncing and then uninstalled OneDrive since I was not finding it useful.But when I went bac

:)

WhereAreMyPhotos, Jan 9, 2024
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Jan 9, 2024
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Which processes are holding your RAM hostage?

BulldogXX, Jan 9, 2024
  4. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

OneDrive holding my files hostage

I can't connect to onedrive so I can't get to my files that I really need. How can I get my files and how do I trust Onedrive in the future?

Numbrabbit, Jan 9, 2024
Thema:

OneDrive holding my files hostage?

1. OneDrive holding my files hostage? - Similar Threads - OneDrive holding files

2. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  3. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  4. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive holding my files hostage?: I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it copy overnight and when I woke up I noticed a bunch of red X's on most files under a new "Status" column. After a bit of...
  6. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive holding my files hostage?: I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it copy overnight and when I woke up I noticed a bunch of red X's on most files under a new "Status" column. After a bit of...
  7. OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!

OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!: If I stop syncing in one drive then my files are not available on my computer... only in OneDrive?? I want to put my personal stuff back on my personal computer and keep my work stuff on its own computer. I would like to share just a few files. But somehow they have all...
  8. OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!: If I stop syncing in one drive then my files are not available on my computer... only in OneDrive?? I want to put my personal stuff back on my personal computer and keep my work stuff on its own computer. I would like to share just a few files. But somehow they have all...
  9. OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.

OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.: Ok, so I recently received an alert that my Windows 10 Onedrive is almost full. That's fine and normal, so I try to free up some space by having the Onedrive stop backing up certain folders in my Documents. Instead of actually doing that, however, Onedrive refuses the...
  10. OneDrive holding my files hostage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive holding my files hostage: I can't connect to onedrive so I can't get to my files that I really need. How can I get my files and how do I trust Onedrive in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-holding-my-files-hostage/1111a637-bf8e-4e70-8917-c57763d3847d