Windows 10: OneDrive - How more miserable can Microsoft make computing??

Discus and support OneDrive - How more miserable can Microsoft make computing?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I unscrew OneDrive from my computer. I would like to continue using it BUT when I want to use it. OneDrive seems to default into so many apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoSpark, Apr 5, 2021.

1. NoSpark Win User

OneDrive - How more miserable can Microsoft make computing??

How can I unscrew OneDrive from my computer.

I would like to continue using it BUT when I want to use it.

OneDrive seems to default into so many apps I have a hard time finding my files.

For example: .zip files always have .../OneDrive/... in the path. NO I don't want that.

How can I change this my MY choice!!!

:)

NoSpark, Apr 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive - How more miserable can Microsoft make computing?? :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive - How more miserable can Microsoft make computing?? - Similar Threads - OneDrive more miserable

2. How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?: Quick Assist is a great tool for helping people setup new computers and get them on VPN and I use it a lot for some of our users.More so now that everyone is working remote.Once they are on VPN, we can use our own company remote tools to take over Quick Assist.Unfortunately...
  3. How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?: Quick Assist is a great tool for helping people setup new computers and get them on VPN and I use it a lot for some of our users.More so now that everyone is working remote.Once they are on VPN, we can use our own company remote tools to take over Quick Assist.Unfortunately...
  4. How to make two computers to point to the same Onedrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make two computers to point to the same Onedrive: Hi,Recently, I started to use Onedrive to backup my critical files. I have two computers and I am logged in with the same Microsoft Id on both computers. The Onedrive is activated on both computers but I don't understand why the content of Onedirve on computer A is different...
  5. How can I make the cursor appear more visible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make the cursor appear more visible?: When on night-time mode, the cursor is hard to see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-cursor-appear-more-visible/b9834c44-135c-4097-9074-9be043ee61b1
  6. How can i make RD more secure??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make RD more secure??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqa5oz/how_can_i_make_rd_more_secure/
  7. How do I make this less miserable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make this less miserable?: I have not used a computer in probably over 5 years. I have just used my phone for my business. Gmail and Google calendar were all I needed. I just bought the Lenovo Flex 15. I am not loving the tiles and the Microsoft apps. Is there anyway to get shortcuts to what I actually...
  8. Miserable Performance of Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Miserable Performance of Microsoft Windows: Working in windows now a days becomes a nightmare for me especially when I open any of the development tool like Visual Studio or SSMS. Sometimes windows cant even take opening google chrome. Please help me get rid of this slowness so that I can at least do my work. The...
  9. How can I make my computer with Windows 10 Home more secure?

How can I make my computer with Windows 10 Home more secure?: I'm a Windows 10 Home user and I would like to know ways to better secure my system in case of loss/theft. More specifically I don't want anyone to be able to brute force or otherwise hack their way into my system to log in or get my personal data. Here are some solutions...
  10. Microsoft again making my life miserable.

Microsoft again making my life miserable.: [ATTACH] What has Microsoft done (with Windows update???) to affect the user community??? The fix at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310049 does not work on my system config (Windows 10, 64 bit). PLEASE SUPPLY A FIX THAT WILL WORK FOR ME....