Windows 10: onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

Discus and support onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; onedriveonedrive- - - - Hello, I accidentally synced the desktop into onedrive, and then some applications on the desktop can not be displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, May 27, 2022.

1. onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

onedriveonedrive- - - - Hello, I accidentally synced the desktop into onedrive, and then some applications on the desktop can not be displayed normally, how should I get the desktop to exit onedrive? * Moved from MSN* OS assumed to be Windows 10

:)

Windows Category - All, May 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, May 27, 2022
  4. Freezer Win User

onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, May 27, 2022
Thema:

onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

1. onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop - Similar Threads - onedrive cancel onedrive

2. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  3. onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop: onedriveonedrive- - - - Hello, I accidentally synced the desktop into onedrive, and then some applications on the desktop can not be displayed normally, how should I get the desktop to exit onedrive? * Moved from MSN* OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  4. onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop

onedrive - How to cancel onedrive sync desktop: onedriveonedrive- - - - Hello, I accidentally synced the desktop into onedrive, and then some applications on the desktop can not be displayed normally, how should I get the desktop to exit onedrive? * Moved from MSN* OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  5. How to cancel an in progress sync on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel an in progress sync on OneDrive?: I only want to sync a single folder but to do this and select what I want to sync I first have to finish the sync that started by default but I don't have enough space to finish the sync, so as of now onedrive is useless since I can't seem to cancel the sync until it is...
  6. How to cancel an in progress sync on OneDrive?

How to cancel an in progress sync on OneDrive?: I only want to sync a single folder but to do this and select what I want to sync I first have to finish the sync that started by default but I don't have enough space to finish the sync, so as of now onedrive is useless since I can't seem to cancel the sync until it is...
  7. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  8. OneDrive Desktop Sync

OneDrive Desktop Sync: A user had Job A at PCA and has now moved to Job B at PCB. The Desktop on PCA was synced with OneDrive. We want to sync the Desktop on PCB with OneDrive but keep the Desktops folders separate. How is this done? Thanks for any replies....
  9. Onedrive syncing Desktop

Onedrive syncing Desktop: How can I get control over OneDrive. I don't want my Win10 desktop sync'd to another PC via Onedrive. When I try to uncheck it in the "Choose Folders" dialog it says I can't. Anyone figure this out?...
  10. Onedrive desktop sync

Onedrive desktop sync: My PCs no longer sync Desktops to same OneDrive loaction. Why? And how to fix it? I have 4 PC's. Two desktops and two laptops that I use. And an Ipad and an Android phone. So, I need that sync. I like desktop sync. Tnx Bane...