Windows 10: OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder

Discus and support OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this has been covered, but it seems that it remains an unsolved mystery. OneDrive said I had a folder which contained characters that can't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danedobre, Feb 20, 2020.

1. danedobre Win User

OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder

I know this has been covered, but it seems that it remains an unsolved mystery.

• OneDrive said I had a folder which contained characters that can't be synced.
    • I deleted the folder from File Explorer, it reappeared
    • I keep getting an error message to rename the folder, but I can't
    • The folder still appears it File Explorer, but I can't delete it Can't find the item

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried uninstalling, unlinking, resetting OneDrive etc..

Thanks in advance!

:)

danedobre, Feb 20, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 20, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 20, 2020
  4. OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder

1. OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive delete ghost

2. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  3. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  4. How to delete ghost virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete ghost virus: I accidentally downloaded a pop up virus and I have deleted all the files and run multiple antivirus softwares but it still is in my computer and the files are all gone...
  5. How to delete ghost virus

How to delete ghost virus: I accidentally downloaded a pop up virus and I have deleted all the files and run multiple antivirus softwares but it still is in my computer and the files are all gone...
  6. How to delete ghost virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to delete ghost files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete ghost files?: After I tried to uninstall sea of thieves with the Uninstall button in the start menu during its download. the game files remain but windows don't see the game. I don't know where is it. I checked C:\XboxGames and C:\Windows\SystemApps. It's also not in any temporary files....
  8. How to delete ghost files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete ghost files?: After I tried to uninstall sea of thieves with the Uninstall button in the start menu during its download. the game files remain but windows don't see the game. I don't know where is it. I checked C:\XboxGames and C:\Windows\SystemApps. It's also not in any temporary files....
  9. How to delete ghost files?

10. A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted: Today's greatest bug award goes to this one - A folder is stuck in the system and cannot be deleted because it is ''not found''. Simple suggestions like reboot and safe mode are, of course, useless....