Windows 10: OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

Discus and support OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lalffgz, Jun 12, 2019.

1. lalffgz Win User

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc. Google search hasn't helped.

Thank you!

:)

lalffgz, Jun 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jun 12, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders? - Similar Threads - OneDrive stop OneDrive

2. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive: I have an App folder in my Documents folder. It contains a lot of information that I DO NOT WANT SENT to Onedrive. I want to stop it from synching to Onedrive.I am NOT trying to Unsync folders from OneDrive, so they do not show on my PC. That is done by going to OneDrive...
  3. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive: I have an App folder in my Documents folder. It contains a lot of information that I DO NOT WANT SENT to Onedrive. I want to stop it from synching to Onedrive.I am NOT trying to Unsync folders from OneDrive, so they do not show on my PC. That is done by going to OneDrive...
  4. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  6. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  7. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is. I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one (for example delete icons), it affects the others. I need them to be different. I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc....
  9. Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices

Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices: Hello, Just as the subject says, I need to stop OneDrive from synching to my PC and other devices. The reason I keep and use OneDrive for files/folders as cloud storage is because I TRUST Microsoft ad OneDrive to keep my files safe! I don't trust my PC, Phone or Tablets....
  10. Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive

Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive: I'm trying to back up my music to OneDrive. Music folder is located on a separate partition to OneDrive Folder. I can't seem to be able to do it without physically copying the music folder to the partition where OneDrive resides. I made a link with mklink successfully and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pause onedrive syncing for one folder alone

2. work onedrive account is synching with my bosses photos

3. how to stop documents file synching with one drive

4. how to stop user synching onedrive remotel