Windows 10: OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

Discus and support OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lalffgz, Jun 12, 2019.

1. lalffgz Win User

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc. Google search hasn't helped.

Thank you!

:)

lalffgz, Jun 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jun 12, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders? - Similar Threads - OneDrive stop OneDrive

2. OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Folders: I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and doubling the space taken on that drive. Am I missing something in my setup of the sync folders? I want to mirror the D Drive...
  3. Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive: I'm trying to back up my music to OneDrive. Music folder is located on a separate partition to OneDrive Folder. I can't seem to be able to do it without physically copying the music folder to the partition where OneDrive resides. I made a link with mklink successfully and the...
  4. How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive

How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive: How do I disable folders from being uploaded to OneDrive? I like using OneDrive, but I have one folder under "My Documents" that is several Gigabytes and I don't want it getting synced up to Onedrive. All the settings I can find are about folders being pulled down, but I...
  5. How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?: How do I stop the Attachments folder from reappearing in OneDrive? 123805
  6. Stopping OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping OneDrive: How do I stop OneDrive from backing up my computer. I cannot use my own backup drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-onedrive/8db01a51-f6a7-4bbf-8acd-019fc5b8e55e
  7. Synching jpg files to OneDrive

Synching jpg files to OneDrive: I am having trouble getting my files/folders to synch to OneDrive. They just say "synch pending". Is there a limit as to the size of a folder that can be sychned? Do I need to try to synch just one file at a time? They are jpg files. Thanks...
  8. Onedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folder: Help ! I have a premium Onedrive account and my Samsung Galaxy Book, but everytime I click my Onedrive Folder ( in File Explorer ) it keeps not responding . I'm using Windown 10 Education. I have uninstalled anf re-installed many times and it didn't work ....
  9. Onedrive for Business synch problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive for Business synch problems: Dear all, I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation. The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account and 6+ user accounts. Is there any way to create a folder structure as admin (which has to be via the web-based interface)...
  10. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive: Hi There, I have 17 large outlook 2016 files ranging from 1GB to 10 GB. I initially put them into my OneDrive folder and identified them for synching. Bad mistake because it takes days to upload files of this size and every time that I start Outlook, the Synch for all files...