Windows 10: Onedrive hung on folder ending with space

Discus and support Onedrive hung on folder ending with space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Onedrive error renaming folder ending with a space. I paused onedrive, tried to edit the folder name to remove space but it says source and destination... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerGermann, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Onedrive hung on folder ending with space

Onedrive error renaming folder ending with a space. I paused onedrive, tried to edit the folder name to remove space but it says source and destination file the same. Tried to delete it - file not found. Rebooted and added a character to the file name, then deleted it. Emptied the recycle bin. rebooted. Ondrive restarted even though I had paused for 2 hours and now the file came back even though I deleted it. Onedrive hung on the error again. Is there any way to ever delete the file without Onedrive recreating it and getting hung?

:)

RogerGermann, Mar 1, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Mar 1, 2020
  3. OneDrive hung-up signing in.

My Microsoft Surface 4 computer is unable to access files on OneDrive.
    Everything was working fine until I noticed that a Word document was not saving to OneDrive.
    The OneDrive icon indicates "Signing in", but it seems to be hung-up.
    I have tried some troubleshooting steps, but haven't been able to resolve the problem.
    Please help! Thank you.

AlanHughes2, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Onedrive hung on folder ending with space

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive hung on folder ending with space

1. Onedrive hung on folder ending with space - Similar Threads - Onedrive hung folder

2. Space bar and end key, the same?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Space bar and end key, the same?: Hello, i am having an issue with my HP running windows 10. I was just using my computer as normal, when my space bar started to close the youtube videos ive been watching instead of pausing it. After running a keyboard tester, ive concluded that my spacebar key is both acting...
  3. Space bar and end key, the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space bar and end key, the same?: Hello, i am having an issue with my HP running windows 10. I was just using my computer as normal, when my space bar started to close the youtube videos ive been watching instead of pausing it. After running a keyboard tester, ive concluded that my spacebar key is both acting...
  4. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  5. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  6. OneDrive Space Issue

7. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  8. Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?

Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?: Personal One Drive is pointed to C Drive. [ATTACH] Business One Drive is pointed to D Drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have a 1 TB Personal One Drive and a 1 TB Business One Drive. I have 117.19 GB in Disk 1 and OS (C:). I Have 931.51 GB in Disk 0 and Data (D:). Are...
  9. OneDrive hung-up signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive hung-up signing in: OneDrive is hung-up signing in on my Windows 10 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-hung-up-signing-in/48f05692-8373-42ff-8098-8ab96ba645e2
  10. My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.: My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. Normally it uploads fairly quickly but now there are several files that have only partially uploaded & t.hey seem stalled. What do do? I have already turned my Win 10 computer off & on....