Windows 10: OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in

Discus and support OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having the same issue, fought and fought the problem and it ended up for me being that “Microsoft OneDrive” in Startup was Disabled. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerome Wilson, Aug 2, 2018.

1. OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in

I was having the same issue, fought and fought the problem and it ended up for me being that “Microsoft OneDrive” in Startup was Disabled.

OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in 3a3cd903-fbf2-4d0b-8bd1-72cdadba6a76?upload=true.gif

Solution:

Click search, enter Task Manager

Open Task Manager

Click on Startup tab

Browse the programs listed, make sure that “Microsoft OneDrive” under the Status tab is set to “ENABLED” if not re-enable.

Re-install “Microsoft OneDrive”, making sure that the Icon is visible on the Windows Taskbar.

Sign off and then back on. Allow time for Windows Taskbar Icons to re-populate.

Good Luck

:)

Jerome Wilson, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

After Creators update, the OneDrive System tray icon disappeared and I can't access settings. File explorer shows folder but not OneDrive Icon.

Hi Andrew,

If OneDrive application doesn't appear on your system tray after performing the steps given above, here's an additional resolution on how to get back your OneDrive icon. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Do update us with the result and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 2, 2018
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Aug 2, 2018
  4. OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in

1. OneDrive icon disappears from taskbar after logging in - Similar Threads - OneDrive icon disappears

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  4. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  7. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  9. Battery icon disappearing from taskbar

Battery icon disappearing from taskbar: My battery icon on the taskbar disappeared recently. I searched the internet and found several options for fixes here: https://tinyurl.com/y4mvv3cu Method 3 worked and the battery icon was restored. It's been fine for the past few days, then all of a sudden it disappeared...
  10. Battery icon disappeared from taskbar

Battery icon disappeared from taskbar: My battery icon has gone and when I go to taskbar settings , the icon for Dell audio is showing as battery ??? Can anyone explain or help please? Thankyou...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive disappears taskbar

2. onedrive icon disappears from taskbar

3. onedrive cloud icon dissappears after signing in

4. onedrive icon disappeared after sign in,
  5. white cloud ondrive disappears,
  6. onedrive cloud icon starts on taskbar then disappears,
  7. onedrive taskbar icon disappears,
  8. onedrive cloud icon disappears from taskbar,
  9. onedrive icon disappearing from taskbar,
  10. onedrive cloud disappears from taskbar,
  11. onedrive icon disappeared from taskbar,