Windows 10: OneDrive icon signing in forever

Discus and support OneDrive icon signing in forever in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently moved a computer and when it was hooked up again everything worked (including onedrive, I think) but the onedrive icon in the taskbar signs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fred N_880, May 18, 2019.

1. OneDrive icon signing in forever

I recently moved a computer and when it was hooked up again everything worked (including onedrive, I think) but the onedrive icon in the taskbar signs in indefinitely and the little checkmarks on the onedrive files have disappeared. However, I can open onedrive and see the files but if I change a file on the desktop that is/was on onedrive before the move, that change doesn't show on another computer which uses the same onedrive account. So it seems that although I can see prior onedrive files, new files are not being loaded to it. Also, I cannot find a way to work on onedrive files offline. I got an error once about a cache credential which I then updated, but the icon is still chugging on. I would appreciate any help that you can provide. Thanks in advance. Fred

:)

Fred N_880, May 18, 2019

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive icon signing in forever ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 18, 2019
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, May 18, 2019
  4. OneDrive icon signing in forever

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 18, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive icon signing in forever

1. OneDrive icon signing in forever - Similar Threads - OneDrive icon signing

2. Onedrive Forever Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Forever Loading: I tried to restart, uninstall, and reinstall then tried to follow this "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c" directions. Nothing helped, it's taking forever to log-in and sign....
  3. Onedrive Forever Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Forever Loading: I tried to restart, uninstall, and reinstall then tried to follow this "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c" directions. Nothing helped, it's taking forever to log-in and sign....
  4. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  5. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  6. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OneDrive is updating files forever / continuously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is updating files forever / continuously: I have recently purchased a new computer and last week I set up my account on it for the first time. I have a large OneDrive at over 250GB. All of the data has now been sync'd down to my new computer I like to keep all of the data locally but now in the last 29.6 GB, it...
  8. "OneDrive is updating files..." forever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "OneDrive is updating files..." forever: Every time I try in File Explorer to "Share a OneDrive link" I get a notification that it cannot be done now, try in a few minutes. This has been going on for quite some time now. When I click on the cloud on the Taskbar, it shows "OneDrive is updating files...", but it...
  9. Office Sign In Takes Forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Sign In Takes Forever: Hello, Microsoft Community. Ever since 4 months ago, I have noticed that my office and my mail application on my laptop notified me that there was something wrong with my Microsoft account. I have tried to resolve this issue, but it only took me to a loading animation that...
  10. OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever

OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever: My OneDrive is stuck constantly telling me that it is Processing 10 Changes. I have tried stopping synching and restarting synching. The result is that is says it is up-to-date for a few seconds, then goes back to Processing 10 Changes. I also cannot find any files in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive signing in vpn

2. onedrive signing in forever