Windows 10: OneDrive icons appear to be incorrect

Discus and support OneDrive icons appear to be incorrect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have my entire OneDrive folder set to "Always keep on this device". However, there are a lot of folders and files that have the green tick icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ps8v9, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ps8v9 Win User

OneDrive icons appear to be incorrect

Hi. I have my entire OneDrive folder set to "Always keep on this device". However, there are a lot of folders and files that have the green tick icon rather than the green circle with the white check mark -- indicating that they're locally available but not "Always keep on this device". But another strange thing is that if I look at the properties for these folder and files, they do indeed say "Always keep on this device". What's going on here?

My intent is to use OneDrive as cloud backup, but I always want to have my files on my device as well. So I want to be sure that they're truly being treated as "Always keep on this device".

Thanks!

:)

ps8v9, Sep 25, 2019

2. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Sep 25, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive icons appear to be incorrect ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

After Creators update, the OneDrive System tray icon disappeared and I can't access settings. File explorer shows folder but not OneDrive Icon.

Hi Andrew,

If OneDrive application doesn't appear on your system tray after performing the steps given above, here's an additional resolution on how to get back your OneDrive icon. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Do update us with the result and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive icons appear to be incorrect - Similar Threads - OneDrive icons appear

2. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?: I could've sworn that the icon was different days ago, now it's smaller and white, any idea why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-onedrive-icon-incorrect-on-the-search/4993b16b-0a3b-4f5c-b6b2-5d11fb4a36c5
  3. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?: I could've sworn that the icon was different days ago, now it's smaller and white, any idea why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-onedrive-icon-incorrect-on-the-search/4993b16b-0a3b-4f5c-b6b2-5d11fb4a36c5
  4. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Onedrive files appearing on onedrive.com, but don't show on icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive files appearing on onedrive.com, but don't show on icon.: Hello. I can find my files when I open onedrive.com in my browser, but when I click on the onedrive icon in the task bar and try and view the files, they are not there. How do I fix this?Stuart...
  6. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  7. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  8. Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar": While investigating why the power battery icon disappeared from the taskbar, I went into Settings -> -> Select which icons appear on the taskbar. I had previously selected the following icons to appear on the taskbar these are the only three items showing "on". They are: 1...
  9. Onedrive Sync icon not appear online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync icon not appear online: Dears. I have a problem in onedrive, from one week i'm not able to sync sharedfolders inside onedrive. I can see all the shared folder on the online but the SYNC icon is not appear to sync them with the computer. i tried with many users whom have access but same issue....
  10. Icon incorrect

Icon incorrect: https://i.gyazo.com/1b1be32a27ceff06...f3bd98d5a7.png how to reset the whole icon thingy on windows 10? 83486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why dont all the desktop icons appear in OneDrive