Windows 10: Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

Discus and support Onedrive icons not displaying properly! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Elightos, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Elightos Win User

Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows that there are no files syncing.
    The issue become even weirder when i manually navigate to my onedrive folder on my E drive --> E:\onedrive\. Here all the icons ARE displayed correctly. As seen in the image below, the only difference between the folders is the path, where one is directly linked as the onedrive folder, while the other is the actual path on my harddrive. Similarly, the library access in the sidebar also displays the symbol issue.

Onedrive icons not displaying properly! [​IMG]

I've already been able to resolve the issue abit, seeing as previously my onedrive was constantly syncing unknown files and would never display the symbols correctly, however I'm now comletely stuck with this issue after forcing a full reinstall of onedrive and completely resyncing all my files.
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue?

p.s. I'll upload some images shortly to further clarify the problem!
    p.p.s Done!

:)

Elightos, Apr 19, 2016
  2. MSB0742 Win User

Shortcut Icons not displaying properly

I think I came up with a painful way to correct it myself but it makes no sense. If I go into the shortcut or icon properties and select change icon it fixes it for the current open item after prompting for admin rights. That does not fix the icon but
    the displayed properties shows the icon correctly. Then I repeat the steps again and it seems to fix the icon. No idea why. I will attempt to try this manually a few more times. maybe this could be scripted but I don't have a good idea how to script it.

MSB0742, Apr 19, 2016
  3. MSB0742 Win User
    Shortcut Icons not displaying properly

I found a fix. This has to do with the fact that at some point you altered your icons using a program like icon packager and the upgrade got confused about it.

Please access your System Registry (WinKey +R) and in the run box type regedit. Then go to the following Key;

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\IconHandler

On the right side of the screen, if it has a value of {611AD258-4138-4348-A534-9856FA6BA398} you need to rename that registry key from 'IconHandler' to something else, IconHandlerX works.

Then reboot your PC and the Icons should come back.

MSB0742, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

1. Onedrive icons not displaying properly! - Similar Threads - Onedrive icons displaying

2. OneDrive Photo Icons will not display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Photo Icons will not display: When I access my photos in my User Account>Pictures, the icons for my photos are thumbnails, a small version of the photo itself as it should be. However, when I access photos on my OneDrive from my Windows 10 Pro Desktop, the photos do not show up as thumbnails, but just...
  3. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  4. Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly: Hi Recently I have reinstalled the windows using fresh start by keeping all my personnel files and deleting all the applications. After the installation, I tried to install the software and I installed all of them. But after the installation, icons are usual on the...
  5. Icons don't display at their proper scales?

Icons don't display at their proper scales?: So you know the file/program icons on the taskbar, desktop, start menu, or in the file explorer? Ever noticed they don't always display properly? What I mean is, an .ico file contains multiple images at different resolutions so that the icon can be displayed at any scale and...
  6. Wifi Icon not display properly

Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  7. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  8. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  9. Onedrive displaying ZERO icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive displaying ZERO icons: Need someone w/ some intricate knowledge to address this. Already been through the staples and this is the very LAST peice of setting up my pc (naturally its where things went awry). Have reset onedrive. have uninstalled/reisnstalled client. Have made sure the...
  10. Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?: On my HP laptop running windows 10 home edition (laptop specs are intel cpu 4 core, 2.2 ghz, 16 gig or ram), I think a recent update caused the Onedrive icon on start up of laptop to display 4 instances in the system tray, and when clicking on each icon they disappear. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive icons not showing correctly

2. onedrive icons not displaying properly