Windows 10: onedrive in the way

Discus and support onedrive in the way in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to disable Windows 10 from using OneDrive as the default save location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pjums, Sep 24, 2020.

1. pjums Win User

onedrive in the way

How to disable Windows 10 from using OneDrive as the default save location

:)

pjums, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 24, 2020
  4. onedrive in the way

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

onedrive in the way ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

onedrive in the way

1. onedrive in the way - Similar Threads - onedrive

2. Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer: Hi I have two , separate, work Microsoft 365 accounts. I have a personal OneDrive account under my "hotmail" account. I keep work and personal related files separate on the different OneDrives. I used to be able to see and access all three OneDrives through Windows 10...
  3. OneDrive lost file

OneDrive lost file: So I was uploading some important large files 29GB from my PC to OneDrive. It took forever and then of course, it said there wasn't enough storage space because I have a free account. I tried to stop it by deleting some of my files assuming they will still be on my computer....
  4. Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

Is OneDrive a ransomware product?: Hi all, I am incredibly frustrated with OneDrive and Microsoft for asking me if I want to connect to OneDrive, which seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did it, and now I don't have access to my own document management. I know MS wants me to purchase more space on...
  5. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault need help cannot get fix the sync issues

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Personal Vault need help cannot get fix the sync issues: HI Guys This is a great written tutorial but does not match my issues. I have for some reason on one of my Pc's constant error about not opening my Persoanl Vault things are not synced, this is crap. I only have 3 small files to test it but even had it open all day it keeps...
  7. OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space

OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space: Why is OneDrive taking up space on my hard drive? The storage info says OneDrive is using 33 GB. I needed a new computer and bought one a few months ago. Had to get one with 128 GB because computers were sold out everywhere. I figured that since I have OneDrive, only the apps...
  8. Sync onedrive

Sync onedrive: Can two users work on a non Microsoft file at the same time and keep it in sync? I want to sync Quickbook files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-onedrive/10c09e7a-0b1f-4c65-8f08-8c30e1612a02
  9. Stop Onedrive Autosave

Stop Onedrive Autosave: How do I stop one drive from automatically saving? I'm losing a lot of space for stuff that I don't need to keep long term. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-onedrive-autosave/8ed5729d-e5df-4581-b6c0-5b2e66de89f4
  10. After Win10 October Update - passwords on Outlook 2016, Adobe, OneDrive are lost all the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Win10 October Update - passwords on Outlook 2016, Adobe, OneDrive are lost all the...: Background: I was on this issue for over a week,. At first I thought it may be a virus or some sort of hack unfortunately even formatted my machine twice. There are plenty similar threads about the issue, so I opened this thread to help who address the same situation....