Windows 10: onedrive in the way

Discus and support onedrive in the way in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to disable Windows 10 from using OneDrive as the default save location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pjums, Sep 24, 2020.

1. pjums Win User

onedrive in the way

How to disable Windows 10 from using OneDrive as the default save location

:)

pjums, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 24, 2020
  4. onedrive in the way

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

onedrive in the way ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

onedrive in the way

1. onedrive in the way - Similar Threads - onedrive

2. OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.: I have bought a new computer. In File Explorer it has its usual Windows C: Drive and I have a Storage Drive D:. My aim is to put my library files Documents, Pictures etc. in storage on Storage Drive D:. Before I can do that, I have noticed an anomaly that needs fixing...
  3. MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!

MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!: I don't think I have been this angry in years. I always keep a few select documents in the OneDrive folder. I want on OneDrive very few of my documents, very very few of my photos, and NONE of my music. Apparently a recent Windows Update decided to put just about everything...
  4. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive: У меня система OneDrive включена через один аккаунт на двух компьютерах и она начинает перекидывать файлы сюда.Что делать? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive/7f896716-71ed-4e79-b59c-ad8d1d5ed958
  5. Can I install a program on OneDrive?

Can I install a program on OneDrive?: Maybe this has been asked before. Could not find an answer on this question. Maybe an utterly weird idea, but .. would it be possible to install a program on OneDrive? On my desktop PC and laptop I am using the same program. If installed within OneDrive then I would create...
  6. Personal Vault has disappeared from OneDrive October 2020

Personal Vault has disappeared from OneDrive October 2020: This morning, Oct 23, 2020, started Windows 10 Pro, logged in via Hello, accessed OneDrive, double clicked on 'Personal Vault', used Micorsoft Authenticator, to confirm access, and Personal Vault window opened. Don't usually need that specific Window open, so closed 'X' it....
  7. Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it

Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it: Hello- Recently my onedrive has been giving me the following error on my WINDOWS 10 Pro computer: [ATTACH] These are old profile files I had from a backup I did a long time ago. I have scanned them with two different virus scanners and one malware scanner with...
  8. My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...

My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...: I'm very confused because all of a sudden I can access my brother's files from my laptop and my microsoft account but they were never shared with me and vice versa. He says he can also see and access all of my files. How do I fix this problem without accidently deleting his...
  9. Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?

Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?: I started to syncing with onedrive and it started deleting files from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-with-onedrive-deleted-files-from-my/26607600-6250-4a4c-90cb-8c311f8a63c6
  10. Two paths to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Two paths to OneDrive: I cant remember how, but a new a Folder has been generated in Explorer with my NAME, this folder contains nearly all of the files/folders showing in the default storage location, ie C:\Users\Jim Smith\, I have therefore now got a set of duplicate files in the system, more...