Windows 10: OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB

Discus and support OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Happy new year and welcome to 2021. We are thrilled to begin this year with some exciting news. As remote work and learning increases so does the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...t/ba-p/1847728

:)

Brink, Jan 12, 2021
  2. dmkleist Win User

MS Money Plus Sunset 100 GB Size?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. MS Money Plus Sunset works fine on my computer. Today, I was looking at a feature in Windows 10 that shows program and app sizes. MS Money Plus Sunset is shown to be 100 GB in size! I looked at my older computer that
    also has been upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows the program being 100 GB in size too. I took down the size of files on my main drive and then went to Control Panel Uninstall Programs. This program indicates that it is 100 GB in size here too. I uninstalled
    the program and noted that it was no longer listed in the list of programs. When I check the size of files on my main drive, it is about the same, no where near 100 GB removed. So, I reinstalled the program and it again indicates it is 100 GB in size, but
    no increase in file usage shows up when I check after re-installation.

So, my question is: Does this program really take 100 GB or is there an error in how this particular program displays its size?

Can someone else using this program check what Windows 10 thinks its size is? Use settings -> apps and features for a list of programs listed by size, or simply go to the uninstall program page of the control panel. Both of these setting show my MS Money
    being 100 GB in size. But I can't find where that usage is being consumed. Odd.

dmkleist, Jan 12, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB - Similar Threads - OneDrive increases upload

2. After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a fresh install, my 250 GB SSD only has 186 GB free out of 216 GB total capacity: Hello! I just returned to Windows from openSUSE Linux. I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 using Ventoy. During the Windows installation, I "deleted" all the partitions for my SSD. However, I never got the option to "Format/Create New" which I'm usually able to do, to use...
  3. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  4. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  5. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  6. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.: I recently came to the conclusion that I should be (need) to back up my Pictures folder (massive 150 GB, 55K files, 3K folders to OneDrive for archival purposes. I don't need these files monitored by OneDrive (don't know if that is a big deal or not) - but just want to have...
  7. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  8. 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years

in Windows 10 Support
    100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years: Offer expires Feb 28, 2015 Join Bing Rewards and receive a free 2 year subscription for 100 GB of storage on OneDrive. Bing explore rewards: OneDrive Get 100 GB of online storage free for 2 years Bing Rewards and OneDrive have teamed up to offer 100 GB of...
  9. Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace a 1TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD: HP p6716f Win10 HP (x64) desktop 1 TB hard drive (920 GB free) needs to be replaced. --- It appears to me there is only 80GB in use. Is that correct? I’d like to replace it with an SSD: I suspect 250 GB would be more than ample size. I've read that it isn't possible to...
  10. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

in Windows 10 Support
    400 GB upload to OneDrive failing: I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question. I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as J:>Music>Lossless>Artist>Album>tracks. I am trying to upload it to OneDrive to a folder Music. I am dragging the folder from J: to OneDrive...