Windows 10: OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB

Discus and support OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the OneDrive installation taking too much space on my computer no it is not about offline files it is about the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanneKauppinen, Apr 5, 2020.

1. OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB

Hi,

I have a problem with the OneDrive installation taking too much space on my computer no it is not about offline files it is about the actual application itself. It seems that the OneDriveStandaloneUpdater or something downloads OneDrive over and over again to my computer. Same version can be found multiple times and old versions are also kept on my machine. The size of C:\Users\Janne\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive folder is almost 60GB.

Here is snapshot of OneDrive folder.
    It example contains multiple copies of OneDrive version 19.232.1124.0010 and same goes for older versions. In total they are almost 60GB in size.

OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB 089621c0-7c12-4e2b-a0f0-aa612698e6c1?upload=true.png

As a short term solution I removed all old folders containing old versions. However as above screen shot shows OneDrive tends to download version every day so this is only temporary solution. Real solution would be to stop OneDrive downloading same version again and again and make it remove obsolete versions automatically. Any idea how this should be done?

:)

JanneKauppinen, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

I appreciate all the help with this, but some are forgetting that Onedrive for Business is totally different than the basic consumer Onedrive.

I would if it were more mainstream and supported all my CAD software.

Freezer, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB

1. OneDrive installation consuming almost 60GB - Similar Threads - OneDrive installation consuming

2. I have a file called "P4a42612", which is taking up almost 60GB of space, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a file called "P4a42612", which is taking up almost 60GB of space, is it safe to delete?: The file "P4a42612" is on my C drive.It follows the path C drive=>User=>Appdata=>Local=>Temp=>"P4a42612"I can not seem to open this file or do anything with it, so it seems to be one file with 60GB of information on it.The Temp file is a total of 58,7GB and this "P4a42612"...
  3. I have a file called "P4a42612", which is taking up almost 60GB of space, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a file called "P4a42612", which is taking up almost 60GB of space, is it safe to delete?: The file "P4a42612" is on my C drive.It follows the path C drive=>User=>Appdata=>Local=>Temp=>"P4a42612"I can not seem to open this file or do anything with it, so it seems to be one file with 60GB of information on it.The Temp file is a total of 58,7GB and this "P4a42612"...
  4. I have a file called "P4a42612", which is taking up almost 60GB of space, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is windows.old 60gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  6. Why is windows.old 60gb

Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  7. System Taking up 60GB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Taking up 60GB: I was trying to free up some storage to download Battlefront II, and I noticed that the system is using a huge amount of space. Upon looking at it in settings, it appears to be using over 60GBs - is this normal? It seems quite excessive. Screenshots submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 60gb SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 60gb SSD: Will Windows 10 20H2 64bit installed on 60gb SSD would run fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-60gb-ssd/ea67d9d3-2410-41ad-b227-6ffc27c3a464
  9. OneDrive consuming network bandwith

OneDrive consuming network bandwith: Hi, OneDrive for Windows - 19.103.0527.0003 (July 15, 2019) is constantly using about 2 Mbps even though no sync is in progress. I left my computer for the night and in 30 hours, I had 4 gigabytes of traffic sent to api.onedrive.com. Any thoughts? BR, Radko...
  10. Installation of Consumer Preview Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Consumer Preview Build: I just recently put an extra SSD on my PC and installed Build 9879. It is not working so well on my rig but I understand why. I'm not here to talk about the current issues but rather how Microsoft will deliver the Consumer Preview Build in a couple of weeks. I have seen...