Windows 10: Onedrive interferes with accessing old files

Discus and support Onedrive interferes with accessing old files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I briefly downloaded onedrive to my desktop and I was no longer able to find the files I'd saved- photos and documents. I only find onedrive folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyNeffEB, Aug 4, 2021.

1. AmyNeffEB Win User

Onedrive interferes with accessing old files

I briefly downloaded onedrive to my desktop and I was no longer able to find the files I'd saved- photos and documents. I only find onedrive folders which are empty. Since then I've removed onedrive from my computer but it still is the default setting for storage and I still can't find my old files.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AmyNeffEB, Aug 4, 2021
  2. darkM Win User

Access files cached locally in OneDrive for Business

Hi Community!

I have left my old company and I would like to know if there is a way to access the files I had stored in OneDrive for Business? I can see/explore the files in OneDrive synced and stored on my personal machine but cannot open them due to permission restraints. Are there any tools/suggestions to remove those permissions and open the files without having to contact my old IT?

Windows 10 Pro 1903 64bit

Thanks!

darkM, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Onedrive interferes with accessing old files

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yea, they just stopped giving unlimited space to Office subscribers as well. I use google drive, dropbox and I do use onedrive, but nothing major in onedrive. I read something about Amazon has that's not bad and is fairly cheap. It's called "Amazon Glacier". It's $0.007 per gigabyte per month, but it's not like google drive or onedrive. You upload your files and hours later you can get access to it. So, for backups it's not a bad solution, but if you need access to the files regularly then it wouldn't be.

Mindweaver, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive interferes with accessing old files

1. Onedrive interferes with accessing old files - Similar Threads - Onedrive interferes accessing

2. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing current OneDrive from old computer: Long story short: my wife’s organization has an ineffective IT department. Her current computer is a lost cause short of a fresh Windows install and she’s got a new one coming soon so I’ve given up on that. I pulled out her old computer which hasn’t been booted up in a year...
  3. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing current OneDrive from old computer: Long story short: my wife’s organization has an ineffective IT department. Her current computer is a lost cause short of a fresh Windows install and she’s got a new one coming soon so I’ve given up on that. I pulled out her old computer which hasn’t been booted up in a year...
  4. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old/Removed Files reappearing into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old/Removed Files reappearing into OneDrive: About a month ago old jpgs and pdfs, that I transferred to a different folder, have reappeared into my folders in one drive. To give more info. I save images and pdf's and transfer them to the photo teams folders at work. I came to work and saw that thousands of old photos...
  6. Old file/partition access?

Old file/partition access?: Ok so I am working on a laptop for a lady in my neighborhood. It's for her daycare but I had to replace the screen but when her laptop fell at her daycare it messed up the windows 10 she was using so I had to reinstall windows also. Her ssd passed all tests as well as other...
  7. Old file/partition access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old file/partition access?: Ok so I am working on a laptop for a lady in my neighborhood. It's for her daycare but I had to replace the screen but when her laptop fell at her daycare it messed up the windows 10 she was using so I had to reinstall windows also. Her ssd passed all tests as well as other...
  8. Old file/partition access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. OneDrive and files access / delete

OneDrive and files access / delete: Had OneDrive running on my pc for some time, then I have stopped the synchronization lately. I have also an external HDD for primary back-up. Over the weekend I have back-up all my data on the external HDD, checked important folders to have the same amount of data, files,...
  10. accessing files on old server

accessing files on old server: I have an old server that I want to get some information from. I have plugged it into power and connected it to my wifi router via an ethernet cable. I then want to be able to access the server's files on my laptop, Is this possible?...