Windows 10: ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?

Discus and support ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed OneDrive and it moved my pictures and documents. In my estimate, this is likely the most obscene action by Microsoft that has caused me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GGG444, May 22, 2020.

1. GGG444 Win User

ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?

I installed OneDrive and it moved my pictures and documents. In my estimate, this is likely the most obscene action by Microsoft that has caused me trouble just trying to use my 6 windows 10 pcs!

MICROSOFT'S CHOICE TO CHANGE DEFAULTS AND NOT ALLOW A COMPLETE RESTORE TO DEFAULT VALUES BORDERS ON CRIMINAL ACTION, MUCH LIKE A VIRUS OR OTHER HIJACK APPLICATION DOES.

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CREATE AND POST A UTILITY THAT WILL COMPLETELY RESTORE ALL REGISTRY CHANGES TO DEFAULT SETTINGS THAT WERE HIJACKED BY ONEDRIVE IN WINDOWS 10.

• The uninstall should do all the work so I don't want to hear about what I should do.
    • There is NOT ANY INDICATION THIS would be done. That is what a VIRUS or HIJACKED app does.
    • This changes settings in applications installed AFTER the HIJACK by OneDrive.
    • This does NOT change ALL applications locations so now I have to look in multiple locations for documents and pictures for each application.
    • This stops my backups of pictures and documents from working.

What have I done to remedy?

1 uninstall OneDrive doesn't fix folder location changes

2 Use Windows 'location' change but it fails see image below

3 Search registry for locations for pictures and documents and restore them to defaults you completely hacked the registry and changes do not work since you must have active applications preventing the changes

ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults? eee985a8-7703-4479-b017-ca59c798c9fa?upload=true.png

:)

GGG444, May 22, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults? d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, May 22, 2020
  3. Problem with default Documents/Pictures/OneDrive

Originally I had set my computer to save Documents and Pictures to a specified drive (since my system drive is on an SSD, and need to store items that are commonly re-written on regular hard drives). Eventually, though, it changed to saving them to OneDrive.
    I don't want them being saved on OneDrive. I tried to change the location in the folder's properties, but when I chose to move, it said, "Access Denied". I've changed in the settings on OneDrive to only save Documents and Pictures to PC only. Still, the
    default Documents and Pictures is saving to OneDrive.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

KealalehuaKawika, May 22, 2020
  4. ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?

Problem with default Documents/Pictures/OneDrive

Hi Kawika,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change file location settings.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "I had set my computer to save Documents and Pictures to a specified drive", from where exactly have you save the settings?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator Account?

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as
    This
    PC under New Documents will save to
    option.

Note: Likewise, try to make changes for pictures location also.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 22, 2020
Thema:

ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?

1. ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults? - Similar Threads - ONEDRIVE VIRUS restore

2. How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover documents pictures on OneDrive if my Laptop crashes?: Hi,I just finally got OneDrive and downloaded copies of my pictures, files etc to One Drive.In non technical terms since I'm not technical literate, can you please let me know if my lap top crashes where do I go to get those files I saved in the One Drive Cloud?...
  3. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  4. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  5. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  7. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  8. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  10. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...