Windows 10: Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

Discus and support Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Current version of Windows 10 Pro. I followed a tutorial here do uninstall OneDrive. While using Explorer today (on this laptop), I see that OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by obieephyhm, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

Current version of Windows 10 Pro. I followed a tutorial here do uninstall OneDrive. While using Explorer today (on this laptop), I see that OneDrive folder keeps reappearing. I don't find evidence that OneDrive has managed to reinstall itself -- which is to say, I can't find it in the Apps section -- so I'm curious if it is really uninstalled or if there was some aspect of the uninstall I missed. I don't remember seeing the folder appear until today. Any suggestions (I mean it's a 'nit', I just don't happen to like things I've gotten rid of just randomly reappearing).

:)

obieephyhm, Aug 3, 2021

2. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

Options > Scan options

Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder untitled-png.png

Then after that, enable options > hide virustotal.com clean entries ... only suspicious stuff will remain.
    Check the complete list on the Everything tab, it may not be explorer extension listed on that tab.

It may be something stupidly simple like onedrive/skydrive being setup to sync folders that are being dumped remotely.

BiggieShady, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Aug 3, 2021
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

1. Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder - Similar Threads - Onedrive appearing Explorer

2. Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop: How can I prevent appearing ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" folder appearing on Desktop? I tried deleting it several times. In a previous posting I got an answer that it is a temporary folder when some file is downloaded from 'Google Drive', but I do not see any...
  3. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Put OneDrive files back to their original folders: I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that...
  4. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...
  5. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back: Hi there, I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now syncing my newly copied folders back to my C: drive (C:\Users\myname\onedrive). In other words, it has created a third copy of my...
  6. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete: Hello In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder. I am trying to delete that subfolder. After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after about 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks, Jim...
  7. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  8. Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer: My OneDrive folder is no longer located in file explorer. I do have the icon in my system tray, but can't save files directly to that folder. I want onedrive back on my file explorer bar....
  9. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders: (Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows) My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail...
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....