Windows 10: OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

Discus and support OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft, stated that the OneDrive cloud storage service "'is being integrated directly" into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

What does this mean, and how will it impact Windows 10 users? At the moment, we don't have any information on how OneDrive will be integrated into Windows 10 and how this will affect its features and updates. It's possible that its integration will be something like Skype, which replaced Messenger in Windows 8.1. It's still a Modern app but it's also a deep part of the OS.

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

CSV files from Windows Phone 7 app

A common gotcha is that each Windows phone app is restricted to its own sandbox, so data from one app can not be handed over to another app or shared directly.

One possible workaround is to export/backup the app's data to OneDrive, from where it can be opened by other apps with OneDrive access that recognise the data format. This is how WP is designed for security and integrity reasons.

I hope the developers can assist better.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade app thinks SATA boot drive is a USB flash drive

Ditch the upgrade app, download the ISO directly from Microsoft, and then use the method provided in the link below to upgrade your system to Windows 10.

Media Creation Tool Fix

[Tech Support Supa Foodin], Mar 23, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Very interesting. I use OneDrive so that could be useful for me. Ask long as you can still disable it for those that do not it will be another great feature I think.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Dont worry I can see heaps of people being up in arms, anything new or in the cloud and its war on.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app - Similar Threads - OneDrive 'is being

2. Last ditch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last ditch: I've tried to ask this before, but I'm trying to do a clean install of my hdd, but I want to know what I can keep? I've workd out that the drive is certainly giving me blue screens most days, I'm many troubleshoots past that. But how much do I have to delete? Old videos? Old...
  3. Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?: I'm doing that awesome overlay shuffle we all do in the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry key due to the 15 item limit. Microsoft has been exceptionally slow at opening these up, but it appears theyve made concessions where they could. Best i can tell onedrive now uses...
  4. The "BACK" mouse button directs to the Win 10 integrated OFFICE app after recent update...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "BACK" mouse button directs to the Win 10 integrated OFFICE app after recent update...: After the April 2020 update of Windows 10 the "BACK" button on my mouse is overtaken by the Windows 10 integrated Office application, e.g. each time I press this button, the annoying "adware" Office 365 application starts, although I have another Office 2016 installed....
  5. Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps: I do not use the Windows 10 email app as I use yahoo and zoho accounts but when I click on an email in a website I cannot send them an email as Windows 10 directs me to their app only and the only option I have is to cancel . Can anyone tell me how to get around this. It is...
  6. Ditch Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ditch Windows 10: Ok, it's finally time to ditch Windows 10. Let me be clear here - Windows 10 works ok when things are stable. This is however not good enough. It's 2019 and I have never known an Operating System to be so glitchy, slow and unresponsive. The vast majority of users around the...
  7. Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update: Microsoft has discontinued its own mobile platform but the software maker is still developing mobile-style apps for Windows 10 that are more secure, don’t affect performance, battery life, and can be updated from the Microsoft Store (Windows Store) with a single click....
  8. Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly: For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got...
  9. Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive: Salesforce.com today announced Salesforce Files Connect, a centralized, universal file-sharing solution that enables enterprise customers to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository—all from a single user interface. We’re pleased to announce that...
  10. Is it time to ditch the swapfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it time to ditch the swapfile: The swap file was created in the early days of Windows when hardware was expensive so rather than getting a new hard drive, you had the swap file to help you out. With Windows 10 due next month, I wonder if its time to ditch the swap file and and disable it completely. 6697