OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

Discus and support OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft, stated that the OneDrive cloud storage service "'is being integrated directly" into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What does this mean, and how will it impact Windows 10 users? At the moment, we don't have any information on how OneDrive will be integrated into Windows 10 and how this will affect its features and updates. It's possible that its integration will be something like Skype, which replaced Messenger in Windows 8.1. It's still a Modern app but it's also a deep part of the OS.

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

CSV files from Windows Phone 7 app

A common gotcha is that each Windows phone app is restricted to its own sandbox, so data from one app can not be handed over to another app or shared directly.

One possible workaround is to export/backup the app's data to OneDrive, from where it can be opened by other apps with OneDrive access that recognise the data format. This is how WP is designed for security and integrity reasons.

I hope the developers can assist better.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 23, 2015
  3. [Tech Support Supa Foodin] Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade app thinks SATA boot drive is a USB flash drive

Ditch the upgrade app, download the ISO directly from Microsoft, and then use the method provided in the link below to upgrade your system to Windows 10.

Media Creation Tool Fix

[Tech Support Supa Foodin], Mar 23, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Very interesting. I use OneDrive so that could be useful for me. Ask long as you can still disable it for those that do not it will be another great feature I think.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Dont worry I can see heaps of people being up in arms, anything new or in the cloud and its war on.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app - Similar Threads - OneDrive 'is being

1. remove the top OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 News
    remove the top OneDrive icon: Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation...
  2. Onedrive problems

in Windows 10 News
    Onedrive problems: Onedrive is installed on my system but has stopped working as of today. It will not start at boot nor will the icon appear on the taskbar so that I may access the settings. 112579
  3. Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  4. Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  5. New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning

in Windows 10 News
    New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning: On May 15th we announced on the Office 365 Roadmap (ID 30544) that we’re updating the versioning settings on all OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online team site document libraries, including both group-connected team sites and team sites not connected to an Office 365...
  6. OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced: Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the beginning that OneDrive should synchronize my pictures and documents folders. Once I noticed this I changed the save-path for...
  7. OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded: I started using OneDrive as my primary cloud storage about 9 months ago. I had everything on an external hard drive and got ~308 GB of data uploaded over the course of a few months. The external hard drive I was using as my local drive started to show signs of crapping out,...
OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app solved