OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

Discus and support OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft, stated that the OneDrive cloud storage service "'is being integrated directly" into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What does this mean, and how will it impact Windows 10 users? At the moment, we don't have any information on how OneDrive will be integrated into Windows 10 and how this will affect its features and updates. It's possible that its integration will be something like Skype, which replaced Messenger in Windows 8.1. It's still a Modern app but it's also a deep part of the OS.

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

CSV files from Windows Phone 7 app

A common gotcha is that each Windows phone app is restricted to its own sandbox, so data from one app can not be handed over to another app or shared directly.

One possible workaround is to export/backup the app's data to OneDrive, from where it can be opened by other apps with OneDrive access that recognise the data format. This is how WP is designed for security and integrity reasons.

I hope the developers can assist better.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 23, 2015
  3. [Tech Support Supa Foodin] Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade app thinks SATA boot drive is a USB flash drive

Ditch the upgrade app, download the ISO directly from Microsoft, and then use the method provided in the link below to upgrade your system to Windows 10.

Media Creation Tool Fix

[Tech Support Supa Foodin], Mar 23, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Very interesting. I use OneDrive so that could be useful for me. Ask long as you can still disable it for those that do not it will be another great feature I think.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Dont worry I can see heaps of people being up in arms, anything new or in the cloud and its war on.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app - Similar Threads - OneDrive 'is being

2. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  3. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  4. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  5. OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?: Hello, I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive account. I have sent my referral link to a friend and she made a new OneDrive account through that link but we both haven't...
  6. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  8. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  9. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  10. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...