Windows 10: OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

Discus and support OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft, stated that the OneDrive cloud storage service "'is being integrated directly" into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

What does this mean, and how will it impact Windows 10 users? At the moment, we don't have any information on how OneDrive will be integrated into Windows 10 and how this will affect its features and updates. It's possible that its integration will be something like Skype, which replaced Messenger in Windows 8.1. It's still a Modern app but it's also a deep part of the OS.

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

CSV files from Windows Phone 7 app

A common gotcha is that each Windows phone app is restricted to its own sandbox, so data from one app can not be handed over to another app or shared directly.

One possible workaround is to export/backup the app's data to OneDrive, from where it can be opened by other apps with OneDrive access that recognise the data format. This is how WP is designed for security and integrity reasons.

I hope the developers can assist better.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade app thinks SATA boot drive is a USB flash drive

Ditch the upgrade app, download the ISO directly from Microsoft, and then use the method provided in the link below to upgrade your system to Windows 10.

Media Creation Tool Fix

[Tech Support Supa Foodin], Mar 23, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Very interesting. I use OneDrive so that could be useful for me. Ask long as you can still disable it for those that do not it will be another great feature I think.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Dont worry I can see heaps of people being up in arms, anything new or in the cloud and its war on.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app - Similar Threads - OneDrive 'is being

2. Onedrive is being closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive is being closed: I have a friend that has been notified by Microsoft that because he has not used it in 2yrs it will be deleted. This being said he wishes to let them close it out. My question is when he and I set Onedrive up it was to sync his files with those in his libraries. If Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update: Microsoft has discontinued its own mobile platform but the software maker is still developing mobile-style apps for Windows 10 that are more secure, don’t affect performance, battery life, and can be updated from the Microsoft Store (Windows Store) with a single click....
  4. VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration

in Windows 10 News
    VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration: VideoLAN the developers behind the VLC UWP app for Windows 10 has been regularly pushing out updates with new features for its application on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. Continuing with the same trend the developers have today pushed out another new update for Windows...
  5. Integrated Window Apps Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated Window Apps Malfunctioning: Hi, so some basic app that came with Window such as photos, movie & tv, and a program to extract file suddenly would not work. For example, when I open a picture in my desktop it shows something like this and this is the same for the other apps, so please help. [ATTACH] Thank...
  6. Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly: For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got...
  7. Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive: Salesforce.com today announced Salesforce Files Connect, a centralized, universal file-sharing solution that enables enterprise customers to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository—all from a single user interface. We’re pleased to announce that...
  8. Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive: We’re excited to announce the new Save to OneDrive feature, a simpler way to manage and save your email attachments. This is a feature you’ve been asking for and today we’ve begun rolling it out to all Outlook.com customers worldwide. If you don’t have it yet, please check...
  9. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration: Hi Thanks I'll do it in the morning when my brain is working properly. 16278
  10. Is it time to ditch the swapfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it time to ditch the swapfile: The swap file was created in the early days of Windows when hardware was expensive so rather than getting a new hard drive, you had the swap file to help you out. With Windows 10 due next month, I wonder if its time to ditch the swap file and and disable it completely. 6697