Windows 10: OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system

Discus and support OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today, I walked away from my computer for a rest. 4 hours later I'm back (didn't turn off) and my system is a mess. I have 21 'new' entries on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevecramer2, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:37 AM.

1. OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system

Today, I walked away from my computer for a rest. 4 hours later I'm back (didn't turn off) and my system is a mess. I have 21 'new' entries on my desktop.

Among them are: dup's of software short-cuts, Double links to on-line games, double links to music folders (with actual music in them) on my hard-drive BUT the mp3's are NOT the same and many are not even currently on my hard-drive at all.

The OneDrive system is all default settings as I never address it at all during system setup about a month ago.

Can I just delete all 21 new links and folders on my desktop and be done with it?

Will I need to delete the whole mess and reinstall windows as Microsoft often suggests to fix most any issue with Windows10?

Somewhere it stated, I have nearly 2gb of data on OneDrive (oh my lord!) How to stop this and remove what is there now?

Stephen/Marlene

:)

stevecramer2, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:37 AM

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:43 AM
  3. if i reserve windows10 on a 32bit windows7 system, then is it possible to upgrade in windows10 64bit

if i reserve windows10 on a 32bit windows7 system, then is it possible to upgrade in windows10 64bit?
    please help
    thank you

4. OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system

Windows7 Pro 64bit Drivers are not working in Windows10 Pro 64bit

I have upgraded to Win7 to Win10 Pro 64bit,have not ever used Windows8.

So the drivers used in Win7 are not inalling in Win10.

In compatibility mode there are only 2 OS ,Win7 and Win8.

But windows10 is not listed.

What to do,if you say in details,plzz..........

KousikGhosh Jadab, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:43 AM
Thema:

OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system

1. OneDrive is destroying my new Windows10 Home 64bit system - Similar Threads - OneDrive destroying Windows10

2. upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro: i have windows10 home product key how i upgrade my presnt version to windows10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgradation-of-windows10-home-to-windows10-pro/8abe0aab-b2cb-48ae-a96f-669e9ad9ec3c
  3. OneDrive issues on my new SurfaceGo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues on my new SurfaceGo: Good morning all, OneDrive never functioned properly on my new Surface Go, I have the following issues. A) After freshly installing the Onedrive app from the MSStore all seems ok, although I have no idea where the local onedrive is located. All files and folders show up,...
  4. Your operating system destroyed my gaming experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your operating system destroyed my gaming experience: Your operating system is a real garbage, a calamity. I'm sick of the problems it causes me. Before I had no problems with some games but since W10 arrived and its DirectX12 garbage nothing works properly in the games that require the CPU or the graphics card. They hang me...
  5. Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me....
  6. Outlook2010 on Windows10 Home,

Outlook2010 on Windows10 Home,: I have a large email that keeps trying to send. It won't delete. I went to file, but I can't find where to work offline. And each time I open my email it retries. Do you have any suggestion how to delete? Or where in Outlook2010 is Work offline? (I don't have windows...
  7. windows 10 Home 64bit

windows 10 Home 64bit: I am having a horrible day! I have been up all night! I was not helped by this answer I had a little different problem about the same thing. If you to settings and reset the apps. It did help. Slowly things have been coming back. Still there are over 60% that were removed....
  8. Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?: I plugged in my USB drive and I get notification USB device not recognized. In This PC it shows but it looks like this: [img] When I right click to try and format it, nothing happens. I also tried renaming the drive letter, nothing. I tried many USB fix tools, such as,...
  9. Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop

Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop: About a fortnight ago, there were upgrades waiting to be installed. I was about to close my laptop and it said that it would do the upgrades then shut down, so I left it and went to bed. The laptop was off next morning but I didn't use it. My son (IT Programmer) came home...
  10. Upgrading 32bit Windows 10 to 64bit Windows10 on a tablet

Upgrading 32bit Windows 10 to 64bit Windows10 on a tablet: I have a no-name 2-in-1 tablet, x64 architecture, running OEM Windows 10 32-bit, version 1607, and as far as I have been able to ascertain, the tablet is up to 64-bit specs.. I have downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10 64-bit, version 1607, and I want to upgrade the OS....