Windows 10: OneDrive is getting annoying lately

Discus and support OneDrive is getting annoying lately in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had my computer fixed relatively recently, had to replace the hard drive, reinstall Windows. Ever since doing so, OneDrive has really been getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mozardthebest, Nov 2, 2019.

1. OneDrive is getting annoying lately

So I had my computer fixed relatively recently, had to replace the hard drive, reinstall Windows. Ever since doing so, OneDrive has really been getting on my nerves when I tried to put my information back on it. There's this files on demand feature, which seemed pretty cool, but I only have so much storage on OneDrive, so I couldn't use it for long, I tried removing the folder from OneDrive, and keeping it on my local, but it turns out that doing so screws up the local folder, and I had to replace it. Now, I know to disable files on demand, but for some reason, the files I put on my Documents folder still get backed up to OneDrive, wasting storage. I don't understand why, I turned off files on demand, why is it still syncing it to OneDrive? Can I remove the folder from OneDrive altogether so that it doesn't sync, because I tried doing that with the Documents folder, but it was looked like I'd be removing the folder from my computer altogether. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, I don't want to be confusing.

submitted by /u/mozardthebest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mozardthebest, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 2, 2019
  4. vembutech Win User

OneDrive is getting annoying lately

Annoying OneDrive popup on Windows 10

OneDrive is built in to Windows 10, so it can't be uninstalled. But you can hide it and stop the sync process, so it stays hidden.
    To do this, turn off all the OneDrive settings and remove the OneDrive folder from File Explorer.

1. In the Notifications area on the bottom of the Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon.
      You might have to click the Show Hidden Icons arrow to find OneDrive.

OneDrive is getting annoying lately wWJiz.png

1. Click Settings, and on the Settings tab, uncheck all the boxes under General.
    2. On the Auto save tab, set the Documents and Pictures lists to This PC only, and uncheck the other boxes.
    3. On the Account tab, click Choose folders.
    4. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC box, check and uncheck the box at Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive.
      (The first check selects all the boxes, then the uncheck clears them all.) Click OK to close the box and return to settings.

This step removes all OneDrive files from your computer, but leaves them on OneDrive.com.
    5. Click OK to save your changes in the Settings box.
    6. Open the Settings box again: In the Notifications area, right-click the OneDrive icon, click Settings. On the Account tab, click Unlink OneDrive.
      Close the Welcome to OneDrive box that appears.
    7. Open File Explorer, right-click OneDrive, and then click Properties.

On the General tab, next to Attributes, check the Hidden box. This hides OneDrive from File Explorer.
    8. One more time, back in the Notifications area, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Exit. This removes the OneDrive icon from the Notifications area.

For more information check this Microsoft page.

vembutech, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive is getting annoying lately

1. OneDrive is getting annoying lately - Similar Threads - OneDrive getting annoying

2. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive annoying features: Hi there!I've recently discovered OneDrive as a good photos storage. However I'm quite a perfectionist about computers stuff, so here I show you some annoying disc features, that I can't get around.1. Is there a possibility to hide "For you" tab in "OneDrive Photos"...
  3. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive annoying features: Hi there!I've recently discovered OneDrive as a good photos storage. However I'm quite a perfectionist about computers stuff, so here I show you some annoying disc features, that I can't get around.1. Is there a possibility to hide "For you" tab in "OneDrive Photos"...
  4. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive Annoyance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Annoyance: I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by default is below Documents, at the time some years ago it seemed a good idea to put it there because the user needs to see and...
  6. Onedrive Annoyance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Annoyance: I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by default is below Documents, at the time some years ago it seemed a good idea to put it there because the user needs to see and...
  7. Onedrive Annoyance

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. oneDrive folder inside username directory gets to be annoying there by default?

oneDrive folder inside username directory gets to be annoying there by default?: hey you mods, take a look at the images below. can anyone tell me why a folder that I **copied** from an external SSD to this machine ended up in this folder that has *oneDrive* as a subdir in it? I don't want that. I don't use any of MS's products, ever. Sorry to be a...
  9. OneDrive annoyance

OneDrive annoyance: All I want to do is copy my photographs over my local network from my old Windows 7 machine to my new Windows 10 machine. So I select the contents of the My Pictures folder on the old machine 86GBytes and start copying, and the computer not only attempts to copy them, it...
  10. Microsoft is annoying lately with win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft is annoying lately with win 10: I have had to do this 7 times now, and its so frustrating. Why do I constantly have to remake my master boot record when I add some hardware to my PC? I got a new Mother board and processor. Everything installed perfectly and then suddenly Error code 0xc0000225. Add a...