Windows 10: OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.

Discus and support OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so I recently received an alert that my Windows 10 Onedrive is almost full. That's fine and normal, so I try to free up some space by having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crazybird710, Oct 19, 2019.

1. OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.

Ok, so I recently received an alert that my Windows 10 Onedrive is almost full. That's fine and normal, so I try to free up some space by having the Onedrive stop backing up certain folders in my Documents. Instead of actually doing that, however, Onedrive refuses the request, demanding that the folders be synced first (even though they cannot sync in the first place due to a LACK OF SPACE) and it deletes all of my documents off of my local system, converting them all into an online-only format. When I try to reclaim ANY folder by requesting to view it or move it to a spot on my drive not covered by OneDrive, the file refuses to move, saying that a sync is pending. Is there any way to remove the "sync pending" status and get my documents back? My thesis and all of the backups for my thesis are in there.

:)

crazybird710, Oct 19, 2019
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Oct 19, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Which processes are holding your RAM hostage?

BulldogXX, Oct 19, 2019
  4. OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage.

1. OneDrive is holding all of my Documents hostage. - Similar Threads - OneDrive holding Documents

2. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  3. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  4. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive holding my files hostage?: I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it copy overnight and when I woke up I noticed a bunch of red X's on most files under a new "Status" column. After a bit of...
  5. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

OneDrive holding my files hostage?: I recently reset my computer and attempted to copy about 500 GB of photos from an external hard drive back onto the standard Pictures folder. I let it copy overnight and when I woke up I noticed a bunch of red X's on most files under a new "Status" column. After a bit of...
  6. OneDrive holding my files hostage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. OneDrive uploaded a large folder and now holding all files hostage, demanding upgrade.

OneDrive uploaded a large folder and now holding all files hostage, demanding upgrade.: I configured OneDrive to not sync pictures folder as I was adding a large folder to it. OneDrive synced it any way. Now denying me access to any thing on it and removed the files from my personal drive. And demanding upgrade.Don't want it and don't need OneDrive. Attempting...
  8. OneDrive uploaded a large folder and now holding all files hostage, demanding upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive uploaded a large folder and now holding all files hostage, demanding upgrade.: I configured OneDrive to not sync pictures folder as I was adding a large folder to it. OneDrive synced it any way. Now denying me access to any thing on it and removed the files from my personal drive. And demanding upgrade.Don't want it and don't need OneDrive. Attempting...
  9. WindowsApps holding storage hostage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps holding storage hostage: I recently downloaded DOOM eternal from xbox gamepass. I couldn't play it so I deleted it, however Windowsapp is still holding on to 65 gigabytes of storage that i would like to use for different games. How can i safely delete the doom file without destroying my computer?...
  10. OneDrive holding my files hostage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive holding my files hostage: I can't connect to onedrive so I can't get to my files that I really need. How can I get my files and how do I trust Onedrive in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-holding-my-files-hostage/1111a637-bf8e-4e70-8917-c57763d3847d