Windows 10: OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

Discus and support OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just uninstalled OneDrive, but when I click on the file path, it shows as C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\foldername. How do I get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oreo_047, Dec 12, 2020.

1. oreo_047 Win User

OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

Hello,

I just uninstalled OneDrive, but when I click on the file path, it shows as C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\foldername. How do I get rid of the OneDrive in the middle? OneDrive does not show up in the sidebar and the folder is not on OneDrive too.

Thanks

:)

oreo_047, Dec 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 12, 2020
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

eve wang, Dec 12, 2020
  4. OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

1. OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled. - Similar Threads - OneDrive file path

2. one drive keeps showing up as a file path when I save even though app is uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive keeps showing up as a file path when I save even though app is uninstalled: I do not want to even see onedrive on my pc. windows 11. app uninstalled. system set to save to my pc NOT onedrive.I have done everything I possibly can to get rid of this darn thing and EVERY TIME I TRY TO SAVE ANYTHING it keeps popping up as the save path.I have even...
  3. one drive keeps showing up as a file path when I save even though app is uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive keeps showing up as a file path when I save even though app is uninstalled: I do not want to even see onedrive on my pc. windows 11. app uninstalled. system set to save to my pc NOT onedrive.I have done everything I possibly can to get rid of this darn thing and EVERY TIME I TRY TO SAVE ANYTHING it keeps popping up as the save path.I have even...
  4. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  5. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  6. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

7. Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.: I have uninstalled onedrive completely. However my system still uses C:\users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents, and not C:\users\xxxxx\Pictures, etc. Nothing I do will stop this. I saw a method to change this path on the forum but this involved clicking on the onedrive icon which I...
  8. Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.

Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.: I have uninstalled onedrive completely. However my system still uses C:\users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents, and not C:\users\xxxxx\Pictures, etc. Nothing I do will stop this. I saw a method to change this path on the forum but this involved clicking on the onedrive icon which I...
  9. Files, App Can't stay on desktop even though uninstalled OneDrive & Disconnect it from PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files, App Can't stay on desktop even though uninstalled OneDrive & Disconnect it from PC: Everything worked fine until I made the CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP. When I turned the computer on, I could use LOCAL administrator account to sign in to the desktop. However, all the apps and programs i installed before are not shown on the desktop. For some reason, after the...
  10. OneDrive Files On-Demand Entry Even Though OneDrive Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Files On-Demand Entry Even Though OneDrive Uninstalled: Hi, I uninstalled OneDrive but when I check either Disk Cleanup or Storage >> free up space now I always see an entry to remove 1,000 bytes and the message that I should turn the feature on. Has anyone else seen this and/or is there a way to remove this from showing?...