Windows 10: OneDrive is not syncing files

Discus and support OneDrive is not syncing files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmjb007, Sep 12, 2019.

1. pmjb007 Win User

OneDrive is not syncing files

Hi

I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10.

I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those files that do appear on both views, when I edit one of these files on one machine, the changes are not synced onto the version I can see on the other machine.

I have tried to reset OneDrive using the OneDrive.exe / reset command under Run (on the Windows 10 PC), but all that has happened is that the OneDrive icon has disappeared from the tray. I can still see the files on both the laptop and the PC, but the command has had no effect on the above issue.

Can you help?

Thanks

Peter

:)

pmjb007, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive is not syncing files [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive is not syncing files [​IMG]

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

Thema:

1. OneDrive is not syncing files - Similar Threads - OneDrive syncing files

2. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  3. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  4. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  6. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  7. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  8. OneDrive files/folder sync

OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...
  9. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  10. Files can't be synced with OneDrive

Files can't be synced with OneDrive: Hello, I've used Boxcryptor and Microsoft's OneDrive for several years without seeing this message from OneDrive on my Windows 10 (latest OS & updates, and latest OneDrive and Boxcryptor) desktop (new computer). The new computer uses an SSD drive rather than a traditional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync pending

2. onedrive sync pending

3. files not syncing ondrive windows phone