Windows 10: OneDrive is sooo terribly slow

Discus and support OneDrive is sooo terribly slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MS sells Office 365 including 1TB OneDrive space (per account) However, my experience is that it is incredibly slow. For a limited number of files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Dec 15, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

OneDrive is sooo terribly slow

MS sells Office 365 including 1TB OneDrive space (per account)
    However, my experience is that it is incredibly slow. For a limited number of files, OneDrive may be okay, but it has significant issues (at least with me here) handling larger number of files.

It is synchronizing for many hours now.

Yesterday OneDrive showed that it was up to date, whereas it was still synchronizing in the background.

OneDrive is sooo terribly slow [​IMG]

Rebooting the pc did not help, neither resetting OneDrive
    (run %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    followed by %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe)

For example: uploading a 2GB file to GoogleDrive took about a minute.
    (am using a high speed fibre connection)

After I booted my pc, about 2,5 hrs ago whilst writing this, OneDrive is still synchronizing...
    The above file that I promised to share with my friend yesterday, well, maybe if I let OneDrive continue, it may show up one day in future.
    Hence, I had no alternative but to use GoogleDrive to share that file.

btw: it is OneDrive v2018 (build 18.222.1104.0007)

Except for above 'reset' is there any other solution to improve the OneDrive speed?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 15, 2018
  3. derek10 Win User
    terrible slow boot

hmmmm... Can you please run HDTune on it if it is still there?

OneDrive is sooo terribly slow [​IMG]

Even if it's IDE, it may be faster (especially if it's a desktop one) *Biggrin, less latency, more continuous throughput, etc

derek10, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive is sooo terribly slow - Similar Threads - OneDrive sooo terribly

2. Windows is terrible.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is terrible.: I have the displeasure of using a Windows computer for work. It is an HP Elite book with bang and Olfussen sound. Based on the hardware and price 1800 it should be a great computer. Instead, thanks to Windows it is one of the buggiest computers ever and Microsoft customer...
  3. Windows is terrible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is terrible.: I have the displeasure of using a Windows computer for work. It is an HP Elite book with bang and Olfussen sound. Based on the hardware and price 1800 it should be a great computer. Instead, thanks to Windows it is one of the buggiest computers ever and Microsoft customer...
  4. Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s: My DNS name resolution when visiting websites is very slow average 11 s.Typically this happens with web searching and links to unvisited sites. But I also suffer when I access a webapp like microsoft's outlook.office.com.The interface is quick and responsive, but the data...
  5. Terrible slow shutdown!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Terrible slow shutdown!: I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it? 177039
  6. Photos terribly slow to delete

Photos terribly slow to delete: I am a novice here. My computer recently updated to Windows 10, but even before then I believe it took a LONGtime minutes to delete and try to move pictures to a flash drive. I am moving/deleting photos to try to free up some disc space. The disc has minimum free space. Is...
  7. OneDrive slow sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive slow sync: My broadband is 240Mbps, no throttleing but Onedrive is only downloading at 100kbps. Any reason for this. 126961
  8. OneDrive slow downloading

OneDrive slow downloading: Good morning, I have very slow downloading from OneDrive. Now my home PC runs on W10P, i5 8gen core with 8GB of RAM and fiber connection at 1Gb downloading speed. Folders from my OneDrive (pay monthly) are downloading at 600-700kB/s. With this speed 25GB what I need to...
  9. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  10. terrible slow boot

in Windows 10 Support
    terrible slow boot: I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041 Bios-> windows logo for some seconds->black screen for 10 minutes->desktop While on the black screen, the HD light is constantly on. After desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive server slow

2. onedrive uploads terrible

3. onedrive very slow on 2019 server

4. onedrive is terrible slow,
  5. improve onedrive upload speed,
  6. onedrive is terrible to use