Windows 10: OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes"

Discus and support OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to stop and start - no changes. This is on the PC at home that in running Windows 10 version 1903 dated 04 Aug 2019 OS Build 18362.356... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordonmclean1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes"

I have tried to stop and start - no changes. This is on the PC at home that in running Windows 10 version 1903 dated 04 Aug 2019 OS Build 18362.356

One Drive version 2019 (Build 19.152.0927.0012)

I sync between PC at home, PC at work, iPhone and iPad.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

gordonmclean1, Oct 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 4, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes" ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 4, 2019
  4. OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes"

OneDrive alternating between "Looking for changes" and "Processing changes"

Hi everyone,

First, I had to post to this forum as the OneDrive forum has been locked. No doubt why! ;-)

I've been struggling with OneDrive for days now and I still can make it to work properly.

First a couple of comments to pass on the Microsoft teams:

• OneDrive should be more "verbious" about the problems it encounters; instead of making the poor users go through this long list of possible problems, it should just tell if it has a problem (like "file too large", "path too long", etc.); or at least give
      us an error number (not the best way, but better than nothing if there is help about this error in Microsoft's support pages)
    • There are multiple support pages for OneDrive issues and multiple links to these pages scattered over the place; this is very confusing
    • How do I make the difference between "recent OneDrive client" and "previous OneDrive client" ? Why does the link from the OneDrive menu (taskbar) not bring me to the right page (recent or previous)? I have the latest, so I suspect I have the "recent".
    • OneDrive log files are not readable; it could help if we could read them.

Before I start, I did all the things described on the "Fix OneDrive sync problems" to no avail. So I need better help that just a link to that page; please!

The only thing I have no easy way to check is the 256 character limit for the path (ok, I will write a program to detect that; but why would one drive just get stucked on "Looking for changes" for that reason? It could just leave such files aside and notify
    the user that some files cannot be synched; same goes for oversized files).

Sorry for the long intro, but I had to notify you for the recurring lack of efficient support from Microsoft; I've read numerous other posts and saw the same pattern over and over.

Now my problem:

• I'm using Windows 10 and it is up-to-date.
    • OneDrive version is 18.065.0329.0002 (version of C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe and version state in C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs\Personal\SyncDiagnostics.log).
    • Content to sync : 122883 files, 23018 directories, 223 GB.
    • I hardly ever update files on OneDrive, mainly using it as back up and for looking up a file while on the go.
    • Currently, there are numerous new files (as I have not been able to sync since February 2018.
    • Most files, that had been last synched in February, have the green checkmark:
      OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes" 49568932-32df-4f32-8653-db55534f0705?upload=true.png
    • But all new files (or moved files) are showing the "sync in progress" mark:
      OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes" 35dc809e-41bb-45b7-9e45-8521a5deb0f6?upload=true.png
    • Any file I add locally to OneDrive stay in the "sync in progress" state and never appear online.
    • Sometimes the status goes to "OneDrive in sync" (can't remember the exact text) and stops working; but files are still not synched.

OneDrive stays for very long (multiple hours) in the "Looking for changes" state.

Then it goes into the "Processing xxx changes" state, where xxx goes up steadily (sometimes, first time it was over 140000, last time I checked, about 40000).

Then it goes back into "Looking for changes" for very long (hours).

I'd be happy to answer more questions. But please please, don't send me (again) to the "Fix OneDrive sync problems"... Been there, done that.

Many many thanks for your kind help.

Chris

Christian_2311, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes"

1. OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes" - Similar Threads - OneDrive stuck Looking

2. why my onedrive keep looking for changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my onedrive keep looking for changes?: my cloud/ onedrive keep looking for change. i tried many ways to resolved it but keep unsolved, and one way of them i try to back up my files and folders but it can't and the message is trouble connection while my connection is fine and no problem....
  3. why my onedrive keep looking for changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my onedrive keep looking for changes?: my cloud/ onedrive keep looking for change. i tried many ways to resolved it but keep unsolved, and one way of them i try to back up my files and folders but it can't and the message is trouble connection while my connection is fine and no problem....
  4. OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" even after reformatting PC twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" even after reformatting PC twice.: OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" and my OneDrive folder says to "Make sure OneDrive - Personal is running on your PC, then try again." when trying to open files...even after reformatting PC twice.A few weeks ago my OneDrive stopped syncing to my computer, with the app...
  5. OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" even after reformatting PC twice.

OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" even after reformatting PC twice.: OneDrive stuck "Looking for changes" and my OneDrive folder says to "Make sure OneDrive - Personal is running on your PC, then try again." when trying to open files...even after reformatting PC twice.A few weeks ago my OneDrive stopped syncing to my computer, with the app...
  6. My one drive is stuck on looking for changes forever!

My one drive is stuck on looking for changes forever!: Hey,My one drive is stuck on looking for changes forever!Please help me fix this isssue!I noticed It keeps opening random instances of onedrive and when trying to open them they just close I feel something stuck there...https://imgur.com/a/hXVhCgS...
  7. Fix OneDrive stuck on Processing Changes

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OneDrive stuck on Processing Changes: [ATTACH]OneDrive is a cloud service from Microsoft. You can use OneDrive to store your files on cloud storage and save the disk space on your system. Besides storing the files, you can also share your files using OneDrive. Sometimes while managing files, OneDrive freezes on...
  8. OneDrive "stuck" on processing 2 changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive "stuck" on processing 2 changes: Can't get OneDrive to complete the sync. Says processing 2 changes but nothing shown on list. All files in OneDrive in file explorer have a green check mark. How to fix?...
  9. OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change": This is a follow-up to my previous question; Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly I would like to know if OneDrive will update their software soon, it has been giving me problem after problem recently. Besides not showing thumbnails in File Explorer,...
  10. OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes": Hello, I have the dreaded issue as well... Tried: - Wipe OneDrive and start over - Delete all files (even in .zip files) with 0bytes - Break connection and reconnect OneDrive Nothing helped. Any thoughts on what to try next? Kind regards, Ferry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive looking for changes

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. why is one drive stuck on looking for changes

4. onedrive stuck looking for changes,
  5. onedrive looking for changes forever,
  6. one drive wont stop looking for changes,
  7. one drive looking for changes forever,
  8. onedrive is updating files - looking for changes,
  9. Work One drive looks for changes,
  10. onedrive stuck on looking for changes,
  11. one drive is looking for changes,