Windows 10: OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none

Discus and support OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and have been restoring things back they way they were for the last couple of years. I have OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DamonPritchett, Feb 29, 2020.

1. OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none

Hello,

I've recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and have been restoring things back they way they were for the last couple of years. I have OneDrive all set up the way I had previously, but it will not complete syncing. Just when I think it's finished, it jumps right back up to Processing 9,606 changes. There are actually no changes to be processed, but when I check two different computers, they show two different total number files 602 is the difference, but same number of folders. I've reinstalled OneDrive and I've reset it, but it still gets stuck at 9,606. All was working fine before I reinstalled Windows and restored everything from backups. I can guarantee there are not 9,606 differences. There shouldn't even be 602 different files. All of the status icons on both computers show everything in sync. This has been going on for two days now. Please help.

Damon

:)

DamonPritchett, Feb 29, 2020

2. OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever

My OneDrive is stuck constantly telling me that it is Processing 10 Changes. I have tried stopping synching and restarting synching. The result is that is says it is up-to-date for a few seconds, then goes back to Processing 10 Changes.

I also cannot find any files in my OneDrive system that are not check-marked green as synched.

After restarting my computer, OneDrive indicates that 15 files are not up to date and then it soon reverts back to "Processing 10 Changes".

How can I ensure that OneDrive is actually up-to-date and make it indicate that it is fully synched?

AngelaSpaxman, Feb 29, 2020
  3. _gjg Win User
    OneDrive incessantly searching and processing

Hello.

Before anyone gives the standard response; yes, I have done all the steps listed on the OneDrive forum, and no, they did not work.

My One Drive is stuck in an endless cycle. It spends a few seconds saying it is looking for files. then for about one second it says it is processing 413 files (which is certainly not possible; I've never created/changed hat many files at once without
    syncing), then for a split second says I'm all set, then goes back into the 'looking for files' mode. It does this on an endless loop. What's even more strange is that every once in a while the 'processing files' part says it is processing a different number
    of files. Usually it is 413, but occasionally it shows up as 75, and every once in a while it shows up as processing 2 files. (It is plausible that it actually is processing 2 files; but those other quantities are simply not possible based on how I've been
    using OneDrive. However, from what I can tell, everything is synced properly and the 'all set' mode appears to be the correct one).

I"m using Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I updated yesterday; that did not solve the problem. I've paused and resumed OneDrive; no change. I've logged out and logged back in of OneDrive; no change. I've rebooted; no change. I've done all of these things
    in every possible combination of sequences; no change.

Any ideas?

4. OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none

1. OneDrive is stuck processing 9,606 changes even though there are none - Similar Threads - OneDrive stuck processing

2. Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?: Hi!I'm having issues with OneDrive...I really don't like it, and I've already unlinked my PC. The issue I have is that it's still showing up as a place to save. I've already done the "File", "Options", "Save", and "Turn off AutoSave" options, but it's still coming up as a...
  3. Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?: Hi!I'm having issues with OneDrive...I really don't like it, and I've already unlinked my PC. The issue I have is that it's still showing up as a place to save. I've already done the "File", "Options", "Save", and "Turn off AutoSave" options, but it's still coming up as a...
  4. Fix OneDrive stuck on Processing Changes

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OneDrive stuck on Processing Changes: [ATTACH]OneDrive is a cloud service from Microsoft. You can use OneDrive to store your files on cloud storage and save the disk space on your system. Besides storing the files, you can also share your files using OneDrive. Sometimes while managing files, OneDrive freezes on...
  5. OpenSSH on windows 10 asks for password even though there is none

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OpenSSH on windows 10 asks for password even though there is none: I'm trying to ssh into a pc that has no password (and I don't want it to have one either) but when I try to ssh from another windows pc it still asks for a password, it justs says permission denied, I have also tried enabling "Empty passwords" in the sshd config but no result...
  6. OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.: Hello, I just uninstalled OneDrive, but when I click on the file path, it shows as C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\foldername. How do I get rid of the OneDrive in the middle? OneDrive does not show up in the sidebar and the folder is not on OneDrive too. Thanks...
  7. OneDrive "stuck" on processing 2 changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive "stuck" on processing 2 changes: Can't get OneDrive to complete the sync. Says processing 2 changes but nothing shown on list. All files in OneDrive in file explorer have a green check mark. How to fix?...
  8. OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change": This is a follow-up to my previous question; Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly I would like to know if OneDrive will update their software soon, it has been giving me problem after problem recently. Besides not showing thumbnails in File Explorer,...
  9. OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes": Hello, I have the dreaded issue as well... Tried: - Wipe OneDrive and start over - Delete all files (even in .zip files) with 0bytes - Break connection and reconnect OneDrive Nothing helped. Any thoughts on what to try next? Kind regards, Ferry...
  10. OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever: My OneDrive is stuck constantly telling me that it is Processing 10 Changes. I have tried stopping synching and restarting synching. The result is that is says it is up-to-date for a few seconds, then goes back to Processing 10 Changes. I also cannot find any files in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive stuck on processing change

2. onedrive is processing changes forever