Windows 10: Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service.

Discus and support Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, long story short, i only use Onedrive to backup everything on my computer. I unchecked every options in "Choose Folder" in "Files on-demand" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaseyHartley, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service.

So, long story short, i only use Onedrive to backup everything on my computer. I unchecked every options in "Choose Folder" in "Files on-demand" and it has been backing up fine since then. Then on today, it suddenly starts marking all options in File on-demand and downloading everything i have on my Onedrive into my computer, and when i try to stop it by unchecking them all, it keeps saying that "Sorry, cannot stop syncing right now" or "This file is important so it can't be stopped". So i killed the Onedrive service, delete the Onedrive folder, and for some reason, it suddenly started deleting my whole hard drive. I managed to stop mid-way, but the damage was already done.

Thank God that i had large portion of those files backed up to Google already, so i didn't lose everything, but this will be the last time i'll have that sh*t on my computer and probably stick to uploading through browser, which it consistently crashing it whenever i try to upload something that's over 50GB.

:)

CaseyHartley, Oct 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 8, 2020
  3. garyb0125 Win User
    OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but suggest you uninstall OneDrive, then delete the OneDrive folder in C:\Users\User-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and then reinstall OneDrive.

garyb0125, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service.

No onedrive

Hello Francis, Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service. :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service.

1. Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service. - Similar Threads - Onedrive stupid tried

2. Onedrive wiped everything off my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive wiped everything off my computer: I tried to take onedrive off my computer and I did it wrong, because I am stupid. Onedrive completely wiped everything off my computer. Even my desktop files and shortcuts are gone. Now my onedrive account is frozen and I cannot get on to look at the recycle bin. Onedrive...
  3. The audio quality on my airpods is terrible and I've tried everything to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The audio quality on my airpods is terrible and I've tried everything to fix it: My laptop runs windows 11 and I've connected my Airpods to it. These are 1st generation airpods. This has automatically set them up as a hands free device and whenever I disable handsfree telephony all audio stops working. Also, when I go into settings where I should be able...
  4. The audio quality on my airpods is terrible and I've tried everything to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The audio quality on my airpods is terrible and I've tried everything to fix it: My laptop runs windows 11 and I've connected my Airpods to it. These are 1st generation airpods. This has automatically set them up as a hands free device and whenever I disable handsfree telephony all audio stops working. Also, when I go into settings where I should be able...
  5. OneDrive is terrible and just deleted all my documents off my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is terrible and just deleted all my documents off my PC: I thought I turned off syncing files to OneDrive months ago on the PC, but suddenly this no longer seems the case as when trying to free up space on OneDrive to upload something from another devices, all those documents I deleted were deleted off my PC as well.It does give me...
  6. my computer updated and deleted everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer updated and deleted everything: None of my files were backed up and i really need the iles back. I need serious help as these were school documents. is there any way to get my stuff back? if so how...
  7. **** Customer service are terrible.

**** Customer service are terrible.: Apps and programs are invisible on the task barjust as throughout the system. But you can roight click in the "empty" space and the dialogue willt tell you it there. Is there a damn human working ?...
  8. Terrible support service

Terrible support service: Unfortunately am facing a problem with Microsoft Mail app for the past 3 days , where I used to have my gmail accounts setup on , suddenly it stopped working well, I had to delete the app and reinstall again for more than 5 times, and yet I could let again add my email...
  9. Onenote has deleted everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote has deleted everything: Its seems like no one knows what to do ive been having troubles with one note and one drive as one note has deleted everything including my backups and i can not restore them ive tried every possible way from logging out to shuting off the device but nothing works and all...
  10. Deleted nearly everything on my computer.

Deleted nearly everything on my computer.: Hi! So the other day I decided to uninstall an app called Second Life on my PC .(Windows 10) I'm not sure but I think it was something I pressed made nearly everything delete on my computer. I managed to restore some document and apps from recently deleted but it wasn't...