Windows 10: "OneDrive is updating files..." forever

Discus and support "OneDrive is updating files..." forever in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try in File Explorer to "Share a OneDrive link" I get a notification that it cannot be done now, try in a few minutes. This has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Sep 26, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

"OneDrive is updating files..." forever

Every time I try in File Explorer to "Share a OneDrive link" I get a notification that it cannot be done now, try in a few minutes. This has been going on for quite some time now. When I click on the cloud on the Taskbar, it shows "OneDrive is updating files...", but it never seems to stop, even after a restart. What's going on with OneDrive?

:)

MesPia, Sep 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Smizack Win User
    Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

"OneDrive is updating files..." forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Sep 26, 2019
  4. "OneDrive is updating files..." forever

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

"OneDrive is updating files..." forever

1. "OneDrive is updating files..." forever - Similar Threads - OneDrive updating files

2. Onedrive Forever Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Forever Loading: I tried to restart, uninstall, and reinstall then tried to follow this "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c" directions. Nothing helped, it's taking forever to log-in and sign....
  3. Onedrive Forever Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Forever Loading: I tried to restart, uninstall, and reinstall then tried to follow this "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c" directions. Nothing helped, it's taking forever to log-in and sign....
  4. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  5. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  6. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  8. OneDrive is updating files forever / continuously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is updating files forever / continuously: I have recently purchased a new computer and last week I set up my account on it for the first time. I have a large OneDrive at over 250GB. All of the data has now been sync'd down to my new computer I like to keep all of the data locally but now in the last 29.6 GB, it...
  9. OneDrive icon signing in forever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive icon signing in forever: I recently moved a computer and when it was hooked up again everything worked (including onedrive, I think) but the onedrive icon in the taskbar signs in indefinitely and the little checkmarks on the onedrive files have disappeared. However, I can open onedrive and see the...
  10. OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever

OneDrive "Processing Changes" forever: My OneDrive is stuck constantly telling me that it is Processing 10 Changes. I have tried stopping synching and restarting synching. The result is that is says it is up-to-date for a few seconds, then goes back to Processing 10 Changes. I also cannot find any files in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive is updating files forever

2. onedrive is constantly updating files

3. onedrive updating for long period

4. onedrive not updating,
  5. onedrive stuck updating files windows 10,
  6. onedrive is updating files stuck,
  7. onedrive updating files forever,
  8. One Drive still prcoessing,
  9. one drive is updating files,
  10. onedrive has been stuck at updating files for days.,
  11. onedrive has been stuck at updating files,