Windows 10: OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins

Discus and support OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since short I have been experimenting with encrypted files on OneDrive. For this I have been using Cryptomator. Probably this triggered OneDrive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, May 18, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins

Since short I have been experimenting with encrypted files on OneDrive. For this I have been using Cryptomator. Probably this triggered OneDrive to send me an email titled "Action Required: Signs of ransomware have been detected" Like this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-b8c12c73637f Likely I am the only one, as the few hits on Internet are my own posts. I went thru the steps on the abovementioned site. The thing is, at every boot, it takes some 15 minutes from "OneDrive is update files... Looking for changes" to "OneDrive is up to date You are all set". I have used just about 1/5th of the 1TB that comes with my Office 365 subscription... If I were to use up the entire 1TB then likely 'Looking for changes' may take an hour or so? I just wonder, is this normal? Could this be caused Cryptomator files or would this also happen with any ordinary files (non encrypted)? In this respect, would there be any difference between BoxCryptor and Cryptomator? Thanks!

:)

tfwul, May 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 18, 2021
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 18, 2021
  4. GP976 Win User

Change or disable the 15 min screen time warning - parental control

Hi!

I set up screen time for my children in win10. It works fine. Thou its very annoying when we play togehter, and the 15 min warning pops up to them (to save their thing), when we play. Is it possible to change the warning from 15 min to 2 min or disable it.
    Maybe through regedit!?

Thx

GP

GP976, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins - Similar Threads - OneDrive updating fles

2. why my onedrive keep looking for changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my onedrive keep looking for changes?: my cloud/ onedrive keep looking for change. i tried many ways to resolved it but keep unsolved, and one way of them i try to back up my files and folders but it can't and the message is trouble connection while my connection is fine and no problem....
  3. why my onedrive keep looking for changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my onedrive keep looking for changes?: my cloud/ onedrive keep looking for change. i tried many ways to resolved it but keep unsolved, and one way of them i try to back up my files and folders but it can't and the message is trouble connection while my connection is fine and no problem....
  4. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  5. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  6. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After 1909 update monitor refreshes every 15 min

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1909 update monitor refreshes every 15 min: Sleep/lock/monitor saver are all set to never. Reinstalled graphics driver ran checkdisk and dsim installed any firmware and windows updates outstanding re-ran GP updates No change in these symptoms. This is on an NEC monitor, like a TV. Only error I saw thrown at a...
  8. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD (~15 mins): Hi there, Typing quick, frequent crashes! Logs attached. Suspecting PSU/CPU failure, but trying to isolate before buying new one. Symptoms are a screen freeze before Windows crash screen. Happening more frequently, under little/no load. Software independent, and has...
  9. OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is stuck on "Looking for changes": I have tried to stop and start - no changes. This is on the PC at home that in running Windows 10 version 1903 dated 04 Aug 2019 OS Build 18362.356 One Drive version 2019 (Build 19.152.0927.0012) I sync between PC at home, PC at work, iPhone and iPad. Any assistance...
  10. Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins: I have a dual boot Win 10 system, 32 bit and 64 bit. The x64 is my main OS but when updating it gets stuck at the first configuring updates screen for about 15 minutes. Its the same for the 32 bit OS but that gets stuck for about 10 minutes. Is there a fix? I have tried...