Windows 10: "OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message

Discus and support "OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I restart my computer, the above message shows up on my screen after my desktop is opened. The message shouldn't be there, obviously. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobInOhio, Jul 26, 2020.

1. BobInOhio Win User

"OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message

Every time I restart my computer, the above message shows up on my screen after my desktop is opened. The message shouldn't be there, obviously. My OneDrive IS signed in but for some reason I keep getting that message. I access OneDrive through my browser, not an app. I don't understand why this is happening. BTW, this problem started after my computer installed the latest version of Windows 10 a couple days ago. I have had several problems come up since that update.

Thanks

:)

BobInOhio, Jul 26, 2020
  2. zzdpmjpr Win User

OneDrive isn't signed in - continuous message

Yesterday my system suddenly hung - no idea of cause. After the reboot I got a message flashing in bottom rh corner 'Onedrive isn't signed in'. It stays for 8 seconds, disappears and returns immediately. The Tray icon shows a red icon. If I right click that
    it invites me to sign in. If I click that it says signing out and immediately returns. If I right click the icon and select settings the dialog box displays then disappears after a couple of seconds

I have rebooted and I have reset onedrive - both have no effect

Any suggestions were I might go from here. Onedrive has been stable for me since I moved to Windows 10 3+ years ago

Many thanks

zzdpmjpr, Jul 26, 2020
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 26, 2020
  4. "OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

"OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message

1. "OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message - Similar Threads - OneDrive isn't signed

2. Onedrive not signing in and error signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not signing in and error signing in.: I've been having difficulty syncing my Onedrive for the past few days and noticed that my Onedrive is no longer working properly. I decided to signout and then sign back in following advice found on Microsoft forums.For example : 1. Go to Control Panel>User...
  3. OneDrive - "View online" - Error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - "View online" - Error message: Hi : ! When right clicking on a folder on my Windows 10 laptop which is is synced to OneDrive, then selecting "View online", I get the following warning: "The link couldn't be created That action isn't available right now" What can I please do? Thank you :...
  4. Keep getting "OneDrive Isn't signed in" at PC startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "OneDrive Isn't signed in" at PC startup: I've recently bought a new PC and it has Windows 10 2004 version but ever since I first fired it up and logged on, and EVERY SINGLE TIME SINCE THEN, I keep getting a popup at startup that tells me the OneDrive isn't signed in. There's got to be some way to make OneDrive...
  5. OneDrive error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive error message: I have been getting an error message that my OneDrive is not accessible. Was there an upgrade issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-message/6c13468a-a569-4394-98d5-4af9abb9ec15
  6. Sign in Error Message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in Error Message: Request Id: d9bbd5f4-a2a2-4b59-abd2-935d96761300 Correlation Id: cc8d87b9-22b3-4157-b034-bc71837394a8 Timestamp: 2020-04-24T19:04:03Z Message: AADSTS135021: Invalid UserHandle prefix....
  7. I've gotten a "OneDrive isn't signed in" message. I've never used it but never got this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've gotten a "OneDrive isn't signed in" message. I've never used it but never got this...: I'm using a new laptop, which I had to make a Microsoft account for to set it up. After I finished, I signed out and made a local account, which I prefer and is the only one I've used since. This message never showed up until now: "Please enter your sign-in info to start...
  8. OneDrive isn't signed in - continuous message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive isn't signed in - continuous message: Yesterday my system suddenly hung - no idea of cause. After the reboot I got a message flashing in bottom rh corner 'Onedrive isn't signed in'. It stays for 8 seconds, disappears and returns immediately. The Tray icon shows a red icon. If I right click that it invites me to...
  9. You aren't signed in error message from OneDrive. (Error code: 0*8004def0)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You aren't signed in error message from OneDrive. (Error code: 0*8004def0): You aren't signed in error message pops up. Says its from Microsoft OneDrive on the top of the message but the OneDrive icon is not seen on the taskbar. Why is that? Also I had recently changed my microsoft account password.. could that be why this error message showed up?...
  10. OneDrive keeps crashing, no error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps crashing, no error message: Hello, I'm having trouble with OneDrive, seeing as it launches and ends up crashing after a few seconds, giving me no chance to unlink it or sync my data. I should mention that I have it installed on a permanently inserted SD card seeing as my C:\ is short on space. Don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive is not signed in every reboot

2. onedrive isnt signed in